• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPotential "bad" character nameSource
Ema.4953
Target Source
#1 -

Hi.

I bought a few of my GW1 characters over to GW2. Someone has suggested that one of the character names might be on the banned list.

Who should I talk to to see if using that character with that name will end up causing me to be banned? I’m not posting the name here in case it is ban worthy.

I should also say it’s not what I consider rude, it’s from a parody song by Zojja … err I mean Felicia Day.

Thank you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hi.

I bought a few of my GW1 characters over to GW2. Someone has suggested that one of the character names might be on the banned list.

Who should I talk to to see if using that character with that name will end up causing me to be banned? I’m not posting the name here in case it is ban worthy.

I should also say it’s not what I consider rude, it’s from a parody song by Zojja … err I mean Felicia Day.

Thank you.

Best thing to do is contact Support and ask them. If you “self-report” a potentially bad name, there is no penalty, and if it’s the first instance of this situation, you’ll be given the option to choose a new name. (As the Old Knight said, “Choose… wisely.” )

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Thanks for the advice. I contacted support as suggested and they have come back that the name is fine to use.

Well, great! Glad it worked out ok, and thanks for having the consideration to ask the question — that’s very nice of you.