• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWhy did my bf get banned for "selling gold"?Source
JDL.4672
Target Source
#1 -

Hi, my bf got banned earlier for “selling gold” as you guys claim. Not only are you guys wrong but the idea is ridiculous on the face of it. I don’t think he’s ever had more than like 20 gold at a time and he’s certainly never sold any of it. He hasn’t given it away either as I know you guys are fond of banning people for that too.

We read your terms and coc etc. In it is a section that claims someone from arenanet will review reports and make a careful decision based on ALL the evidence. Now I see a problem with that claim. Either the person you have “reviewing” these reports is incompetent or you are not reviewing the reports at all. I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt and believe the latter. I hope you don’t prove me wrong on that point.

He’s obviously filed a support ticket but the entire situation is nonetheless ludicrous. While you may at some point restore the account, the least that could be done in the meantime is an apology.

Do the right thing and restore the account. Review as much as you want. There’s no gold selling for real money going on or anything that could even remotely be construed as such.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hello JDL.

We understand that the situation may be pretty frustrating for you and your boyfriend but rest assured that when his account is revised and found innocent, he will receive it soon enough. We ask you to remain a little bit patient till the issue is sorted out for you. If the ticket goes unanswered for three days, feel free to post the reference number and a little description in the sticky for tickets with more than three days and it will be taken as a priority.

Thanks.