• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagI just want an apology for an unjust banSource
Inferno.2315
Target Source
#1 -

Was unjustly banned for “selling gold” yesterday. They restored it today and all I asked for was an apology. Support won’t give me one for some reason and told me come post here seeking one from the devs.

Can I just get an acknowledgement that an error was made and that you’ve corrected it and that you will do your best not to let it happen again in the future? Is that too much to ask?

note to mods Support specifically told me to post here on the forums where most people will see it so I am*

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

Was unjustly banned for “selling gold” yesterday. They restored it today and all I asked for was an apology. Support won’t give me one for some reason and told me come post here seeking one from the devs.

Can I just get an acknowledgement that an error was made and that you’ve corrected it and that you will do your best not to let it happen again in the future? Is that too much to ask?

note to mods Support specifically told me to post here on the forums where most people will see it so I am*

The response from the agent was in error.

Your account was hacked and the hacker used it to advertise a gold sales site. Our agent researched the case, reinstated your account, and provided you with tips on how to maintain better personal account security in the future. You then asked for an apology.

Now, we cannot apologize for the hacking incident, as the issue was not on our side. We cannot apologize for the fact that the account was used for gold sales advertising, because again, that was not our issue. If it caused you some sort of distress to be told the details of the incident, or to see the change in status from “Gold Seller” to “Hacked Account” to its ultimate restoration, then of course we are sorry.