• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAre Black Lion Key runs an exploit?Source
Frank.7452
Target Source
#1 -

I’ve found the fastest way to get a Black Lion Key is to create a new Human Warrior and do the commoner story mission. You can finish the level 10 mission at a lower level by letting the NPCs do a lot of killing for you.

Is it an exploit to do this repeatedly to collect Black Lion Keys? I don’t want to be banned, and I don’t know if you would consider this “too good to be true” or not, since it takes at least thirty minutes of effort, but generates a hard to find item.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

As noted earlier, this is not an exploit.

However, I wanted to add that things can change, and the devs may make adjustments to the rewards if they feel that would be a good thing to do. But at the present time, they do not consider these runs exploitative.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

I will check into this and see if there’s any info to share in relation to this question.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

Making new characters for Black Lion Keys is NOT an exploit. Have fun all!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#31 -

Are you exploiting when you farm, that is, play the same area over and over again? Nope, not unless you’re using a macro or a bot to do it while you sleep. What I was told was that the devs felt that the time spent was acceptable in relation to the rewards. John later confirmed that it wasn’t an exploit, so I believe the question is covered now.

In addition, my comment about change was general in nature, simply a way to say that, as we’re all probably aware, things can change in a game over time. I didn’t mean you to be concerned, pulse, with taking away attained rewards or any sort of loss.