• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flag3Days of Fun =More days of hellSource
xMystic.8751
Target Source
#1 -

ok this is what happend 1. i got the game 2. i installed the game 3. played the game 4. got my charr warrior to lvl 26 5. started my story was haveing to much fun and forgot about it 6. made it to the 3erd misssion 7. game crashed with error 23 8. tryd it agin thinkin it was just a bug i got near the end it crashed agin 9. tryd it one more time skiped the stuff i seen and made it though 10. tele to the way point for the next one error 23 wile loading 11. went to forums to see why this is happening 12. read about 36 post of people saying the same thing 13. try everything ben reading about for 3 hours 14. nothing worked at all still crashed in game wile loading maps 15. major scan fest defrag disc check update spree 16. click on guild wars 2 17. now the game crashes just by clicking on guild wars 2 18. hell with it wipe time 19. WIPE computer and start a new 20. install needed items befor enything else 21. update everything 22. scans harddrive check ect 23. install guild wars 2 so good so far 24. play guild wars 2 25. guild wars 2 is working fine 26. say hi to guildys and tell them what i ben up to 27. good welcome back / questing and haveing fun 28. play for a few hours get to lvl 29 then crash for the night 29. ready to play guild wars 2 30. click on Guild wars 2 31. guess what my best friend came back 32.—> Crash <—
Fatal Error: Fatal disk-error (23) on read,
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 1500
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 16419
When: 2013-01-05T09:15:30Z 2013-01-05T03:15:30-06:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16
Flags: 0

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 1391MB/ 2047MB 67%
Paged: 2167MB/ 4094MB 52%
Virtual: 3147MB/ 4095MB 76%
Load: 32%
CommitTotal: 1927MB
CommitLimit: 4094MB
CommitPeak: 3543MB
SystemCache: 893MB
HandleCount: 14746
ProcessCount: 46
ThreadCount: 633

—> Process Memory <—
Private: 820MB
WorkingSet: 40MB
PeakWorkingSet: 40MB
PageFaults: 14905

now the thing is i dont get is why i was able to play GW2 with no errors no probs at all for a few days EVEN geting a char to lvl 26 then all of a sudden i keep geting this bullcrap and im realy kinda sick of seeing it but the funny thing is after i redid my computer and what not i was able to play it fine with out eny crashing or enything but then the next day game dies just by clicking on the icon like WTF happend past the 3 days i played that the game became unplayable i mean realy and i went as far as wipeing my hard drive to see if i can fix it and that didnt even work so im running a lil low on what i need to do here so yeah eny info on how to stop it would be awsome and all that good stuff enywho have fun or try to

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Hi there xMystic

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this issue after only three days of playing. The Fatal Disk Error 23 is a Windows error code which does indicate an issue with your hard drive or that something has caused a file to be the wrong size and corrupted the installation. The first thing we want to rule out are issues on your drive.

Please do the following first to check and repair your drive:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

5. Click Start.

Depending upon the size of your hard disk, this may take several minutes. For best results, don’t use your computer for any other tasks while it’s checking for errors.

Once that is complete, Please navigate to your Documents > Guild Wars 2 folder and in there you should see a file called Local.dat. Delete this file.

Next:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

5. Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end.

Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” to start the repair process.

Hope this helps!