• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSpecific broken spawn timersSource
seanairt.3795
Target Source
#1 -

I was reading another thread some time ago wherein someone was complaining about spawn rates in game, and one of the devs (don’t remember who) stated that timers default to 90-120 second timers, and that if we see deviations from this we should report it as specific a bug as possible.

I never saw anything happen with that with regard to a game bug thread, and can still see some broken spawn points in game, so I thought I’d create a thread to collect specific locations.

Devs – I hope what’s provided here is enough information for you, but if it isn’t, please let me know and I’ll gladly gather as much information as you require to nail it down.

To start:

1) Fireheart Rise – west of Noxious Castrum: Fire elementals spawn within 5-10 seconds of killing them.

2) Kessex Hills – directly south of Bronson heart quest: Centaurs stationed at the gate spawn within approximately 10 seconds.

3) Malchor’s Leap – NW of King’s Passage/SW of Plaza of Lights: Orr spawn within roughly 5-15 seconds.

If you have any points of your own, please list them here so we have a consolidated point of reference for Anet staff.

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

1) Fireheart Rise – west of Noxious Castrum: Fire elementals spawn within 5-10 seconds of killing them.

2) Kessex Hills – directly south of Bronson heart quest: Centaurs stationed at the gate spawn within approximately 10 seconds.

3) Malchor’s Leap – NW of King’s Passage/SW of Plaza of Lights: Orr spawn within roughly 5-15 seconds.

Just looked at these…

1) Nope, 95-120s for all the spawns around here.

2) Same, 95-120s. The guards are scattered around the camp, so maybe someone else killed them in a different location a minute earlier so when they picked a spot to respawn, they happened to choose the spot you were fighting at?

3) As mentioned in the other thread, Orr is undergoing some cleanup with now, so it’s likely they there are too many spawns appearing. (It’s not that they respawn, but multiple critters can spawn on the same location, so as soon as you kill one, there’s another critter right there..)

If I could get screenshots of the map overhead that would also help, it’s very slow for me to try and find some of these locations since I don’t know the maps by heart so I have to check each POI/heart to find the right one.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

When a creature dies, it starts a respawn timer for that creature. (If it’s respawn enabled.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about—when the respawn timer hits 0, the next creature will look for an open spawn point, which might be the one that you just emptied out. This can make it seem like creatures are respawning more rapidly, but they’re really not.

As for the harpy event, 1) as mentioned earlier, events are outside the scope of this discussion since they usually have a faster spawn time for enemies; 2) it sounds like it’s working as intended, since you can shut down the young harpy spawn by killing the adults.