• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBreaking the Blade, you can get past this?Source
Revolt.2860
Target Source
#1 -

hello guild wars 2 staff,

im having big difficulties with the personal story quest “Breaking the Blade”.
when you need to defend the building, a few bandits come in.
the first 2x that 2 bandits come in aren’t hard to pass.
but the 3rd one, when the doc howler comes in, is simply not able!
the bandit that comes with doc howler is very easy, but doc howler itself has a lot of health, not able to been killed.
that plus she almost one shots me.
this makes me not able to get pass this quest and really makes me angry and makes me wanna quit this game.
please fix this huge problem or help me get pass it.

thanks,
Revolt

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

I’ve checked out Two-Blade Pete, and he’s a standard “veteran” level creature (with reduced damage.) So he should be soloable, though you might need to adjust your build/tactics to take him out. Basically, he’s roughly the same difficulty as a same-level skill challenge. I’ve personally beat him with an equal-level thief, making sure I didn’t use any traits/skills I wouldn’t have access to at that level.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#14 -

Ah, sorry, I checked the story boss. I checked Howler as well, same story. He’s a veteran, with reduced damage.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#21 -

I do think the duration on Howler’s poison can be reduced a bit—it pulses up to 5x for 5s of duation each (so it can apply 25s of poison total) but the 5 pulses appear to take place VERY quickly, making it next to impossible to avoid the whole hit. That being said, I’ve managed to beat this with a L10 thief, elementalist, and engineer, so I don’t think it’s “impossible.” To be fair, I’ve obviously played this game a lot, but I really don’t use any crazy dev tricks or cheats when I test for difficulty. I found Elixer B to be quite helpful for taking Howler down, since it boosts your damage and hurts her every time she hits you.