• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagThank You Support TeamSource
Rhongomyniad.5081
Target Source
#1 -

Earlier today before WvW reset (I’m 99% a WvW player), to my horror my account had been terminated due to assisting/engaging with gold for real money etc.etc.

I submitted a ticket asap, but after trawling through the threads here and on reddit, I was mentally prepared to wait at least 3 days, and then at least a week or two before things would be sorted out.

However my account was just restored, so roughly 7 hours after I tried to log in and couldn’t (don’t know when I was banned but I was online about 6 hours before that fine).

So this post is a big thank you to the support team behind the scenes, and Gaile (I’ve read nearly all your posts now, and truly appreciate the patient tone and sincerity you bring to people’s issues). My faith in ANET is restored.

Thank you once again, I truly appreciate the swift action.

-Rhongo

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Thank you so much for posting this! I will be sure to share this with the team. I’m proud that they were able to help you so quickly, and happy that it sorted out well for you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

What I’m concerned about is that Rhongo appears to have been hacked twice? That’s a scary thing, and points to the need for using an authentication system, either Two-Factor or email.

According to my review, he was helped back into his account about 1 minute ago.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

I’m not sure Gaile – I was playing this latest time when I got booted out of game and accused of being involved in gold selling/RTM etc. Since Saturday when I got unbanned I have only sent two gold to someone – I’m not sure if my account is flagged somehow.

I do have email authentication activated for log in attempts (only trusted source is my p/w secured wifi at home and at another house, I also just reset my modem and pw).

I have made a new password now that is long as hell.

But I suspect my account is flagged as I have not had any messages to authorize log in attempts except from me (eg logging into forum on my phone 3G).

I would appreciate any advice you can offer to prevent this from happening.

Nah, we are not flagging your account — there’s no reason that I can see why we’d do that! I talked to the team and what appears to have happened is simple human error, and they caught it pretty quickly, thank goodness. We track various in-game activities, but there’s nothing you did that should have resulted in a block. I’m almost wondering if it was a typo, or a wrong-click situation (like whomever was assigned to unblock the account had the account cached and blocked again — except who has something cached for three days?) So the latter theory isn’t likely, but knowing you were engaged in benign activities, I can’t come up with too many scenarios here.

I do not think this will be repeated, and I’m really sorry for that time out!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

It’s alright then Gaile, someone should give you a medal for always engaging with us on this forum – it certainly helps from a customer POV.

Whether this happens again or not, thank you for your help.

You’re very welcome. And hey, if it happens again, you let us know and we’ll take care of you, but I’m really crossing my fingers that we never hear from you again! (Well, in the case of a need, that is. )