• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flagsudden change of account name.Source
Braid Strafe.3586
Target Source
#1 -

i realized that my account name suddenly changed from Braised Fart to Braid Strafe. i do not know what happened to my account. In addition, I also experienced code error:7 and i do not know how to solve this problem, i cannot even play my game.
what is this code error 7 about. ??
p.s i was not hack as all my items and money remain the same.
plz help me solve problem.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Yes, as others pointed out, the name was offensive. Since players cannot change their display name—for what I think are pretty obvious reasons—the CS Team anagrams the name from the letters used.

We do not send an email, just as we don’t waste a lot of time doing warnings. The User Agreement and the Rules of Conduct (both here) explain the expectations, and the initial time-out is considered a clear warning.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

Yes, as others pointed out, the name was offensive. Since players cannot change their display name—for what I think are pretty obvious reasons—the CS Team anagrams the name from the letters used.

If players aren’t supposed to be able to change their display names for obvious reasons, then character name change(supposedly coming in the future) should be the same and should not be offered.

With character name change in GW1, you’re limited to once a month or something like that. I don’t see why this can’t be implemented on display names as well. Maybe like once a year even.

This does not make sense.

There is a distinct difference between the display name and the character name. If someone wants to do bad things and hide, he could delete a character and “wipe the slate clean.” With a continuing display name that cannot be changed by someone intent on bad behavior, the community as a whole has a means to identify those people.

We allow deletion of characters. We will offer a character name change feature in the future. But I don’t think we’ll offer optional display name changes.