• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagJanuary 2013: Flame and Frost prelude [Merged Discussion]Source
cesmode.4257
Target Source
#1 -

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013

Linking for anyone who doesn’t stop by the main page every once in a while!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#65 -

Just ascended amulets? what about the rest of the gear?

Good question!

Ascended rings will also be available for laurels as well. Back slot items will be made more widely available in the future and will likely tie into a different reward system.

(Please note, the ascended gear purchased for laurels will not have agony resistance built in, since that mechanic is currently unique to progression in the fractal dungeons. They are however statistically the same as any other ascended gear.)

We will also introduce an additional reward system (or systems) in the future to make these items more accessible to WvW players on top of the laurel system.

The remaining ascended item types will be introduced in future releases, and may or may not tie into the laurel system, TBD.

(Edited to add note about agony)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#69 -

I’m sure I read somewhere that the achievement points we already have from previous dailies and monthlies will be taken into account with this update, so some of us will already have some currency to spend?

Laurels are only earned through daily and monthly achievements (starting with the feb monthly) and will not reward for previous daily/monthly achievements completed since folks didn’t know this system was coming.

We will however introduce an expanded/new reward system in the future that will reward for other types of achievements, this system will reward previous achievement points earned. (But may require bringing back into line some infinitely repeatable achievements that would bloat/break this system)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#71 -

Just ascended amulets? what about the rest of the gear?

Good question!

Ascended rings will also be available for laurels as well. Back slot items will be made more widely available in the future and will likely tie into a different reward system.

(Please note, the ascended gear purchased for laurels will not have agony resistance built in, since that mechanic is currently unique to progression in the fractal dungeons. They are however statistically the same as any other ascended gear.)

We will also introduce an additional reward system (or systems) in the future to make these items more accessible to WvW players on top of the laurel system.

The remaining ascended item types will be introduced in future releases, and may or may not tie into the laurel system, TBD.

(Edited to add note about agony)

Thanks for the post and clarification! The ascended items obtainable via laurel, will they at least have the infusion slot? Or just the stats?

You will also be able to put infusions in the ascended gear from laurels, yes!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#76 -

And that concern is this: I’m worried that this entire multi-month event is just setting the stage for the first expansion, and that we’ll have to buy the expansion to get the full story. GW1 managed to introduce entire post-campaign storylines of a fairly significant size and did it entirely for free, so I sure hope GW2 isn’t drumming up this multi-month event for additional drama when they announce the first expansion. That’d be awfully disappointing.

Colin, mind putting my fears to rest, please?

This is not a live storyline that requires you to purchase an expansion to discover the ending, no. This month is a small lead-in to kick off a storyline that will play out over the coming months.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#93 -

And that concern is this: I’m worried that this entire multi-month event is just setting the stage for the first expansion, and that we’ll have to buy the expansion to get the full story. GW1 managed to introduce entire post-campaign storylines of a fairly significant size and did it entirely for free, so I sure hope GW2 isn’t drumming up this multi-month event for additional drama when they announce the first expansion. That’d be awfully disappointing.

Colin, mind putting my fears to rest, please?

This is not a live storyline that requires you to purchase an expansion to discover the ending, no. This month is a small pre-cursor / lead-in to kick off a storyline that will play out over the coming months.

Might not want to use the word precursor, people are gonna freak out! :P

LOL nice catch! Fixed

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#157 -

Just want to step in here for a second to comment on a few speculations:

There will be no mounts, no Cantha and no dragons coming with this story arc.
Sorry if that destroyed some dreams.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#184 -

Just want to step in here for a second to comment on a few speculations:

There will be no mounts, no Cantha and no dragons coming with this story arc.
Sorry if that destroyed some dreams.

So… we can rule out Dragons riding in from Cantha on the backs of unicorns then?

Affirmative.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#225 -

I wonder if Anet learned anything from all the people who got frustrated with RNG in the last several holidays and will just sell the backpack directly instead of hiding it in a box

You can buy the quaggan backpack straight from the gem store.