• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagNCSOFT support... ?Source
Dradiin.8935
Target Source
#1 -

Other than GW2 i do not play any current NCSOFT associated games. Today i got a email from NCSOFT support stating the following….

A support account was created for you at the time you e-mailed NCSOFT support.
This account is required to correspond with support. NOTE: This is not your NCSOFT or game account login! It is only for support purposes.

Your support account user name is: (my email)
Your registered email address is: (my email)

Finish Creating My Account (hyper text link)

Please note that this link will expire 24 hours from the time it was sent.

So since i never did anything in over 2 years with an NCSOFT product (GW2 is an exception) I deleted the email and did nothing with it other than read it, my question is, should i be worried that the same scammers who tried to scam tons of GW2 players around the first 2 months, are they trying to do an end run using NCSOFT now ?

If i could get some sort of official reply that would be tremendous.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Hey there. I think I can put your mind at ease. NCSOFT is our parent company and many of our GMs work at NCSOFT offices. So getting an email saying that you have an NCSOFT support account is perfectly fine, as long as it truly came from us. Please note that we recommend reviewing all links in all emails, so that you know that if it says “Click here” and it leads to shadywebsite.com, you won’t go there, but if it leads to Arena.Net, or GuildWars2, or NCSOFT, you’re ok.

If you are certain that you did not reach out to us in any way — the support.guildwars2.com site, and email to [email protected], a contact to [email protected], a phone call, whatever — then I want to see the email. Please update me on whether you did any of those things.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#16 -

I got a “survey” from Ncsoft after i got an infraction overturned.

Didn’t fill it in though, so perhaps its safe not to?

We do send surveys. I got one for making a “test” ticket, in fact. No worries, but naturally check the link before clicking through. It should go to an NCsoft.com address.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

What they are asking is, have you tried to contact GW2 support? If you have, then that account is the support’s way to communicate with you. GW2 uses the parent company for support access.

Correct. We have some CS Agents in Bellevue, at the ArenaNet studio. I work at the studio, as well. Many agents work at the NCsoft offices in Austin, Texas. So getting an email from our parent company — NCSOFT — is not in and of itself any cause for alarm.