• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGhastly Longbow Bugged Glow [Merged]Source
Alecu.4786
Target Source
#1 -

I recently purchased a Ghastly Longbow from the vendor, after being pleased with the Ghastly Sword, greatsword, and shield. My disappointment is that the glow at night effect is bugged for the longbow. It glows just when you equip it and the glow disappears right after shooting an arrow, however the bow retains it’s blue hue. Also, none of the weapons glow in the new Fractals of the Mists dungeon, wether it’s a cave fractal, such as the Volcanic Fractal (grawl) or the Underground Facility Fractal (dredge), or an open air fractal, such as the Uncategorized Fractal.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Thanks for the reports! We’re working on a fix for this issue.

For those who are curious about the cause, it appears that the bug is with the glow only being triggered if you’re in a map when it transitions from day to night, and won’t work if you go to a map where it’s already night.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#25 -

I can confirm that we do have a bug on this issue, but I don’t have a estimate of when it will be fixed yet. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#53 -

This has turned out to be a more complicated issue than fixing the rest of the Ghastly weapons, but we’re still working on figuring out why the bows are losing their effects. Thank you for your patience, everyone!