• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagDifficulty level for non-tanking classesSource
Shade.6081
Target Source
#1 -

I have found that unless you play a warrior or guardian the difficulty level of the personal story boss encounters are so difficult as to be virtually un-enjoyable. The difficulty level needs to be adjusted WAY down for the various non-tank professions. I don’t like playing the typical warrior/fighter type class. I enjoy playing a thief or mage (elementalist) type of character and these classes are just too underpowered for this game regarding the personal story bosses. For instance when confronting Tervelan and playing a thief I have found it to be exceedingly difficult. The number of enemies you have to face is EXTREMELY over powering. The thief has some very impressive moves that take a lot of room and if you try them on the bridge battling Tervelan and you fall of the bridge, the whole encounter resets and you have to start completely over. That may be a bug I’m not sure. A thief or elementalist is just too difficult to play as solo. The various not fighter type classes drastically need some more powerful weapons and armor to counter this problem. I am probably finished with this game as I do not get as much enjoyment playing a fighter type class and playing the ones I really enjoy are beyond the scope of playability as solo characters. I could just wander the world and not proceed with my story line but that is 90% of the games charisma. I hope these things will be adjusted in the future but until then this game will collect dust on my desk top.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

I play all the story steps as a thief, designed to be able to solo veterans. It’s based on the build I use for my Live thief to tackle skill challenges. (And for lower levels, I make sure I’m not using traits/skills I wouldn’t have access to, and I actually set my level down, I’m not using a downscaled L80.) Not all builds are going to work in all cases, we simply can’t make every story step work for all possible builds. In general, survivability > glass cannon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

What weapons are you using? Sword+ pistol will allow you to keep Howler stunned and blinded, so it’s effective setup against single targets.