- 2013/01/24 03:14:40 PM
Hi there Lawkins – I’d like for you to try a Winsock reset as this has resolved the issue for quite a few players receiving this error message.
To do this please try the steps below:
1. Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.
2. Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”
3. Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”
4. Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. You do not need to do anything with this file.
5. Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.
Once completed, please try connecting again.