• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagI just broke maw events in Wayfarer FoothillsSource
Drunken Leki.9348
Target Source
#1 -

On Gandara server i had just done the “Destroy the dragon totem” part but the NPC died from condition damage (i think) at the exact same time it finished.

I revived the NPC as the champ shaman starting coming and and then spoke to the NPC at the exact time he said “we have to interrupt the ritual”

Now it is broke as NPC just stands there and champ shaman just stands there like in the screenshot.

I came back later and the champ shaman is gone but the event and NPC are still stuck.

I notice from other events i have broke in the past it is mostly from getting NPC’s killed at bad times. maybe make some of them invincible as its annoying having around 20% of the dynamic events in this game broken after a few days and having to wait for a patch and servers to reset.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Interesting. I’ll see if I can repro the break Monday. Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Woot, I think I got it. I found a very tiny window where Brogun could die to a condition in between events, which blocked progress. He’s now immune between events, and it appears to be working again. (I was able to break it reliably, but I can’t now.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

The in-game bugs don’t come directly to me, but they do make their way to me once QA has confirmed the bug. I know I’ve fixed several submitted bugs. Keep in mind that I’m just a content designer, though, so I can’t fix code/art bugs. : )

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

It’s best if you submit it ingame via a detailed bug report. I get dozens of PMs every day, so I can’t answer them all. (Though I do read them.) I’m currently trying to clear out as many event bugs as possible, though (obviously) many of the fixes I’m working on now won’t hit until the NEXT major content update.