• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBoss mechanics redesignSource
Latinkuro.9420
Target Source
#1 -

Changes I would love to see implemented now that hey plan to redesign Boss Encounter Mechanics:

1 Remove the annoying defiance buff from Bosses it was a lazyman’s way to fix the core of the issue anyway.

2 display name coherence, what I mean is most of the time I have no idea who is writing to me because the name is always different and if I’m in the middle of a fight I can’t stop to hover over their name to see the account name !

Give us options, say, display account name only for all characters of the same account or display chosen nickname for all characters of this account.

Just my 2 cents.’’

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Changes I would love to see implemented now that hey plan to redesign Boss Encounter Mechanics:

1 Remove the annoying defiance buff from Bosses it was a lazyman’s way to fix the core of the issue anyway.

2 display name coherence, what I mean is most of the time I have no idea who is writing to me because the name is always different and if I’m in the middle of a fight I can’t stop to hover over their name to see the account name !

Give us options, say, display account name only for all characters of the same account or display chosen nickname for all characters of this account.

Just my 2 cents.’’

1. Defiance is necessary unfortunately, and we figured that out early on. Without defiance, groups just stack knockdown skills and utilities and kill every boss without them being able to get up off the floor. There are some funny videos of this that can be found where players repeatedly throws rocks at Adelbern and knock him over constantly, allowing them to kill him with ease.

2. I’m a bit confused still about what you are implying with this and how it effects boss re-designs. Could you elaborate some more?