• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagTransferred to wrong server help?Source
Tubby Chan.8502
Target Source
#1 -

Last night I told a friend who hasn’t played GW2 since 2 months after launch to transfer to my server (Anvil Rock) before the new patch today. Due to forgetting what server to transfer to he accidentally transferred to the wrong server (Dragonbrand I think) and now is unable to transfer to my server. Is there any possible way for him to get a transfer in without paying before the new patch? It would be a shame for him to have no interest in coming back if we wont be able to WvW together

PS: His name is Rustybucket.9358

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

There are a few factors, some of which were mentioned above. First, there’s a 7-day wait between world transfers, whether they are free or are paid for in gems. The waiting period cannot be waived. Secondly, there will be a cost, but keep in mind that gems can be earned in the game, and that you can help your friends if you wish to do so, so that he’s ready to transfer at the end of the 7-day period.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

I understand your position, Frank, and I appreciate your conclusion. It’s just not realistic to expect that every possible error can be, and should be, prevented by or corrected by the game design or by customer support. We try mightily to address the vast majority of genuine issues that players experience, but giving free transfers in a system that is designed not to be free isn’t the way to go in most cases.

We do the best we can to get the word out about changes that affect players—and yes, these certainly do. We blog, post on the websites and via social media, even add news on the actual log-in screen. In the end, I believe we should focus on solving problems rather than amending obvious and preventable errors. (That is not to say we don’t address such things, when we can, but rather to opine that such help should not come at the expense of those having issues.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Exactly how my friend feels right now but with the up and coming WvW score resets wouldn’t it be logical to let people have 1 more free transfer?

I understand what you’re suggesting, but remember that we had months of free transfers. It seems to me that once the decision is made to make a change, there must be a “start date” and, after communicating what is coming, the change should be implemented. That is what happened here.

If we were to say “Everyone gets one more free transfer” for how long do we offer that? (And what do we say to the player who comes back a week after that period and asks for special accommodation?) How do we message a change?

• Emailing? For everyone who suggests that, another say “Stop spamming my email account!”
  • Social media? For everyone who says “Yes” another says, “I refuse to read Facebook or Twitter.”
  • Log-in screen? We do that, but apparently players don’t read it.
  • Website or Blog? Yep, we do that, too, but again, not everyone reads it.

So while I understand why you’re suggesting that everyone get one more free transfer, I hope you, in turn, see the possible drawbacks to that suggestion. Do rest assured that I will pass along your ideas to the dev team, though!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

Another “free” transfer ticket for everyone is completely unacceptable as it once again opens servers up to massive population swings with guilds being able to transfer all their members for free at any time.

If you join or are a member of a guild, they may be willing to assist in gold cost to get you transferred if you are going to be an active WvW member. I know my guild is offering to pitch in to get any members over to the right server now that the paid transfers started.

Frankly though, server transfers costs have been telegraphed in every way possible by Anet, including the fact that they’ve been slated since well before launch. You shouldn’t be surprised about it. I think any reasonable individual would assume that hopping around to other servers to get world completion more easily would include some inherent risks of becoming split with friends. (What if those servers your friends were on had become full while you were away from them?)

Precisely. And when 40 of 50 members get onto XX World, and the rest are not able to join, or are too impatient to wait to join, or get the world name wrong, or decide to join another guild on another world, we get tickets saying “Our guild wants to be together. Transfer plox.”

In my personal opinion, this change was messaged adequately and through multiple menas. At this point, the change that was foretold for weeks is in effect and all of us need to work with it now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

Couple thoughts:
If 3 people are split up, all could transfer to a low pop server (lower gem cost).

This only exists in Europe.

As a player, I believe that world populations will stabilize, and that we’ll find more balance between worlds, and more accessibility for players across worlds. That just seems a logical outcome of the change.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

Please be aware that these are not questions related to Account Issues. As such, I suggest that you make your suggestion in the Suggestions Sub-Forum, or share your thoughts in the general GW2 Discussion Sub-Forum