• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagYou have not applied a serial codeSource
boomrq.3761
Target Source
#1 -

Hello, I’ve decided after a 2 month break from GW2 to come back and give it another try, but I can’t even log into the game.
Here’s the error it gives me:
“You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended. Until you apply a serial code, you will be unable to continue playing Guild Wars 2. Please visit the retailer where you pre-purchased or pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 to obtain your retail serial code.”

Thing is, I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop, and already activated my game on release date. I played happily and I have a level 28 Asura Ranger, and now you’re telling me that I HAVEN’T applied a serial code?
I’ve already searched for the soltuion to this problem, and someone said you have to repurchase Guild Wars 2 from the website. And I’m for kitten sure not going to do that.
This has really kitten me off and I’m just going to uninstall the game unless I get a solution ASAP, along with plenty of other poor customers who are having the same problem.

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hello, I’ve decided after a 2 month break from GW2 to come back and give it another try, but I can’t even log into the game.
Here’s the error it gives me:
“You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended. Until you apply a serial code, you will be unable to continue playing Guild Wars 2. Please visit the retailer where you pre-purchased or pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 to obtain your retail serial code.”

Thing is, I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop, and already activated my game on release date. I played happily and I have a level 28 Asura Ranger, and now you’re telling me that I HAVEN’T applied a serial code?
I’ve already searched for the soltuion to this problem, and someone said you have to repurchase Guild Wars 2 from the website. And I’m for kitten sure not going to do that.
This has really kitten me off and I’m just going to uninstall the game unless I get a solution ASAP, along with plenty of other poor customers who are having the same problem.

Thanks.

Hmmm… that’s pretty unusual! The best thing to do is to get an agent looking at this issue directly. So please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Don’t assume anything about other customers.
And if you have a problem, write a ticket. Hopefully the problem can be solved that way.

I wasn’t assuming anything. I looked up on this issue online, and there’s plenty of other people with this issue.

I submitted a ticket, and I’ll be awaiting a response soon.

I am glad that you submitted a ticket, but to be clear, we do not see this as a common issue. When it happens, it’s generally because someone did not purchase the retail version of the game, after participating in one of the beta events. So I’m glad you’re talking to the team, so they can sort out this individual issue.