• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGuild Wars 2 unable to start.Source
BlueCynder.5941
Target Source
#1 -

I try and run the game and this is what it says:

“Guild Wars 2 is unable to start because another copy is already running on this computer, or because the application has insufficient rights to successfully detect whether another copy is already running on this computer”

I don’t know if this has something to do with the server outages. Its never happened before and I don’t have another copy of the game running. And I didn’t click on the icon multiple times for it to try and run two games.

Help?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

I have seen that a few times with all sorts of programs. Maybe it’s the easy way out, but I reboot and it fixes itself.

If it does NOT fix with a reboot, please post in the Technical Support Sub-Forum so that someone there can help you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

The client had not crashed before it happened to me, but I had been kicked off of the server several times. Using Task Manager to kill the extra GW2 processes solved the problem.

I’m glad this is ok, but if you continue to get kicked off the server, please post in the TS Forum. Note there are a couple of existing threads, based on the Error Code.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Great, glad to hear it!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

Merging threads because there are suggestions here that should help resolve this for everyone involved.