• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagLupicus Solo as Guardian with ScepterSource
obal.3218
Target Source
#1 -

Here is my first attempt at a lupi solo. I killed him my second try after a very long failure. I tried to stick to my tactics in my guide for a party setting, but I decided to stay close to him in phase 3 shortly into it since I thought it would save some time and I was running on fumes. It would have went a bit smother if auto attack didn’t interrupt dodges (a fix to this would be great) and it was my first time trying phase 3 right next to him with my guardian set up so it was a bit of a learning curve for me. My set up is at the end of the video and in the description along with a link to my guide for a party setting.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Very impressive! I don’t think I’ve seen a guardian solo vid yet, but that was pretty good. I don’t think I saw anything out of the ordinary that raised any alarms. Good solid play and knowledge – I like your means of getting through the trap bubble. Good skill rotation and composure over such a long period of time.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

get a princess wand and embrace it

I actually do this on my guardian. I don’t use it often, but when I do I get a good laugh out of it. Totally worth it IMO.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#59 -

my remapped skills (Use your pinky finger)
7 = ctrl+1
8 = ctrl+2
9 = ctrl+3
10 = ctrl+4

That way I can remain mobile through WASD while also using my fingers to use utilities and elite if needed. I typically mouse-click my heal though, so I don’t accidentally hit the key at the wrong moment.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#63 -

This is definitely harder to work with imo when you have an elementalist for tune swapping as pressing ctrl forces your fingers into a lower position. I’m sure it works well for your ranger since pets hardly need any F key pressing outside of their skills / F4 swapping (while in combat). Or maybe I just dont have as long fingers as you do =(.

I’m 6’10 so I have some pretty long fingers. Ranger pets require more control than you would think (especially in dungeons/fractals), but certainly not as much as Ele. I have to use mouse clicks on the earth attunement because I just can’t hit the f4 on my keyboard at home without moving my entire hand off the WASD, and all the other nearby keys are in use.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#83 -

Hey folks, this discussion has kind of veered off topic to a control scheme discussion. Let’s bring it back to the video and the guardian play, and if we want to talk about key bindings, start a thread