• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagShips of the Line: Cannot ProgressSource
holotype.1643
Target Source
#1 -

IMPORTANT UPDATE Feb. 2013: A workaround to this bug can be found with FunkyMonkey’s post on 2nd page. Please try it!
I can confirm that it worked for me, but I followed the steps EXACTLY as he suggested.
~
Ships of the Line story mission is bugged at this point in the mission:
“Strike at the southern docks of Arah with the captured ships.”
subset: “Regroup with the team and assess the situation.”

-The entire beach is cleared of enemies.
-All of the team has been resurrected.
-I am with the team, inside the green circle.
-Though Elli offers a “Talk” option, nothing happens.

This is the third time I have attempted this story mission, only to hit this same issue, at this same point, each time. I thought that perhaps with the latest patch I might get lucky.

I cannot progress my story and I’m extremely frustrated that even though this is a progress-blocking bug that is well known, nothing has been done.

Please fix this.

Edit: I notice that Scholar Inkblood and his pet Amphebe are alive, but have stopped walking toward the green circle with the rest of us. Is the fact that they are not in the green circle the reason? They will not move.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

We plan on implementing the fix for this quest on our 10/1 patch. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#62 -

Thank you for the reports! We will be investigating this issue.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#76 -

I’m looking into this bug right now, the problem is that it has a very low repro rate so it’s been tricky for us to track down.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#79 -

Personal Story Bugged, cannot interact with either the dead or living asuran in the water.

Not a bug. If you lead Zott to Elli (who’s marked by a quest star on the minimap) he will revive her, but the other poor asura is truly dead.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#91 -

Look under Options and see if you have Fast Cast Ground Targeting turned on, if you do it will try to fire at your mouse cursor, which might not be at a valid location. Try turning it off.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#100 -

The problem is that the bug is extremely random. I’ve played through this story step numerous times with no problems (as have most players) but there’s obviously a way to cause it to stall out. Unfortunately, I haven’t found this, so there’s really little I can do. Not all of the NPCs in the water can be revived; getting close to Elli should cause Zott to revive her. If you’re encountering another bug at another point, I need specifics.