• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAre accounts flagged for good/bad lootSource
Xynn.2748
Target Source
#1 -

I have run an insane amount of dungeons and I am at 46 in fractals. I never get anything to drop. Other friends of mine will come out of 1 fractal set with an exotic, 3 rares, 3 cores, etc. I am lucky to get 1-2 rares and a core out of the run. Certain people have this happen consistently. This isn’t over 1-4 runs, this is over probably 50+ runs. It’s not observer error.

Please explain if you have coded a “loot drop fact” into accounts or characters when they are made. Something is going on here. No matter how many times you say there’s nothing of the sort, reality proves otherwise. When the explanation doesn’t match the actual results, there’s a problem.

How long are you going to wait to tell us that you’ve coded intentionally / “discovered a bug” related to this. I’m positive that sooner or later we will get a post about Guild War’s 2’s “wi flag” (reference: http://asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

No. There is no flag for good and bad loot. It is just RNG.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

If only there was some guaranteed reward when finishing an event or dungeon!

Our token system for dungeons allows you to exchange and get things, and tokens are guaranteed at the end of each dungeon path. Events give out karma and currency, which can be used to buy things as well. Or are you implying a guaranteed item reward system, instead of a currency/token exchange reward system?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

I was being completely sarcastic Robert.

Ah, sorry about that. As a designer I click my mind into a state where I see a problem and try to mentally design a solution to it regardless of its level of sarcasm. That being said, I do like item rewards, but there’s a downside to it in that it’s not always the item you want. There are other games I have played where I would kill a boss 20-30 times and not get the specific item I wanted, and I would just have to keep at it and hope I got lucky. I much prefer the system we have right now where there is a guaranteed token reward to allow me to buy whatI want… although I have been giving thought to a system that also reflects our personal story reward structure, where you could potentially choose one of three things offered at random. Again, just thoughts, but I’m always trying to develop better ways to reward players in dungeons.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#47 -

I’d like you to look at the system in place in Fractals with regards to Fractal Weapons. Your designer mind should see something wrong.

In the case of fractals, there is a different reward system in place for obtaining the skins and the items there. It is not the same as the dungeon reward scheme, because fractals serve a different purpose than dungeons.

I will also mention that I am not the authority on reward schemes – I see trends, play the game, experience the content, and and draft proposals to the leads and those responsible for reward structures. I have brought up proposed changes to the reward scheme for the fractals, but it is not my place to be the decider on those issues.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#51 -

Though, I guess that does promote transmutation stone sales in the gem store.

Map Complete is where I get mine. I’ve never bought a single transmutation stone from the store and I have a stack of about 50 fine, and around 200 regular.