• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCan't remember my password system brokenSource
Drae.3189
Target Source
#1 -

What am I supposed to do? I want to change my password because you are forcing me to but I don’t remember what it was. When I got to the page to change my password I put in what I thought was my password (no way to verify) and a new one and its like the page just refreshes.

Did it save? Why didn’t it like my entries? Was the password wrong or the new one not secure enough?

So i go to the “forgot password” link and enter my info…I get a big FAIL on the screen. No kitten it actually says “FAIL”…. when I try to reset my password. WTF ANet?

ANet, you have a system that allows us to enter our password once when we bought the game and never have to type it in again…and now you have no way for us to reset it without remembering it exactly. You don’t even have a system set up to tell us if we got it wrong or not.

What am I supposed to do? Erase the password from my game login and never play again? I’m freaking lost…help.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We know that some players will need help, so please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

It’s true that we may have more support pings when players need help remembering their first password. However, the good outweighs the bad, and having a password change will help secure many account that may be at risk of compromise.

So we’ll be ready, willing, and able to help those who forget their passwords, and for those who remember them, it’s a 2-minute process that really contributes to account security.