• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagResearch challenge for John SmithSource
Smooth Penguin.5294
Target Source
#1 -

People in the forums tend to be like Skritt. Someone shouts “market manipulator”, and everyone and their neighbor will follow along collectively. In Freud’s crowd behavior theory, people who are in a crowd act differently towards people from those who are thinking individually. People are pushing back at John Smith and the others who preach reason, because it’s easier to cast blame on “manipulation” rather than the fact that GW2 has a dynamic player driven market.

So I propose a challenge to prove the crowds wrong, but I need John Smith’s help. If you would be so kind as to add 2,000 Gold to my bank account, I’ll go out and prove that I won’t be able to manipulation the market as I please. This would be strictly for research purposes. In return for this, I’ll be giving Anet valuable research information, as well as solid evidence that manipulating the market isn’t as prevalent as one might believe. I won’t enjoy this one bit, but I’m willing to sacrifice my time for the betterment of the GW2 community.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

I’ll need a 10 page abstract and summary details your methods first.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Abstracts are tiny, but summaries are not. In this case it’s the type of summary that details your plans for your research, not the summary afterwards.