• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagOn the Mandatory Password ChangeSource
Tricks.2430
Target Source
#1 -

Ok so lets get this straight, I have Gmail with 2 step authentication turned on, I also have the mobile authenticator turned on for GW2, this makes “hacking” my account virtually impossible, unless my phone’s stolen.

Yet I’m going to have to create another long strong unique password..

Can you please tell me this will be the only time I have to do so?

Because I don’t see the point in having all the extra protection if you don’t feel my password is safe.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#62 -

Judging by some of the comments, a lot of people have neither read the actual blog post nor have they read the one from Mike O’Brien back in September. So let me give you a TL;DR version that should hopefully clear up some concerns/questions:

- No, we have not been compromised.
- We announced in September that we will do this mandatory change at some point. This point is now.
- If you have changed your password after September 12, you are fine, no action required.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#64 -

Judging by some of the comments, a lot of people have neither read the actual blog post nor have they read the one from Mike O’Brien back in September. So let me give you a TL;DR version that should hopefully clear up some concerns/questions:

- No, we have not been compromised.
- We announced in September that we will do this mandatory change at some point. This point is now.
- If you have changed your password after September 12, you are fine, no action required.

For added clarification, I was under the impression that this is in regards to anyone who used a blacklisted password. I’ve never received such a notification, hence I did not change it. Will I be required to change it now?

If you have changed your password after September 12, no. If you still use a password you created before September 13, you will have to change it. Pretty straight forward.