• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRNG not that random?Source
andreibianu.8051
Target Source
#1 -

So we’ve all heard about stealth patches , broken dr and rng , and yada yada yada things anet quickly dismissed , but playing the game says othwerwise.
But I was chatting with a buddy and he said something interesting. Maybe those that are blessed by the rng , that 1% of players, are not random. Is it possible to gain positive rng because you , let’s say , payed extra ? Deluxe edition , heavy gem shopper etc etc? This is a a quite frightening thought but more so because of it is actually possible .
Any thoughts ?
I whole-heartedly hope I’m wrong

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

There is no such thing as player or account specific random loot rolls/odds. It’s the same for everyone, only magic find can alter your chances.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

There is no such thing as player or account specific random loot rolls/odds. It’s the same for everyone, only magic find can alter your chances.

Thanks for the comment. It helps diffuse the conspiracy theorists. It is correct to say that there is no account specific information that is used as a seed in the random number generator?

That’s the only way that I could see any difference in drops for accounts.

That is correct yes, there is absolutely no account or character specific data used in loot rolls what so ever, can debunk that theory. The only thing you can do to alter a specific characters chances is magic find which is a stat visible on your character from gear/food, for loot drops specifically.

That being said, we’re trying to offset some of that random chance by implementing systems like our new laurel system (and other additions down the road) to help give players more opportunities to earn specific rewards as well over time. This gives the capacity for those exciting “jackpot” moments of getting a big reward, while also helping provide a more clear long term timeline when you can earn the same reward for those who don’t hit the moment-to-moment jackpot since for those who are extremely unlucky, it can be very frustrating.