• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagChainsaw Noise!Source
Darksheep.4179
Target Source
#1 -

Hey Anet!

So today after the patch ot 28th January…I realised you nerfed the noise of the Greatsaw and the Chainsaw. Care to fix that ? Whats the point of having a chainsaws if they hit like wood sticks. Seriously…put that back

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

Hello everyone. Thank you for bringing up your thoughts about the chainsaw sounds for the Great Saw and Chain Sword weapon skins from Halloween.

Due to a bug, the sounds for this weapon were not playing originally, and this was fixed after the Wintersday content update. However, due to very popular demand, these sounds were turned down. See this thread for an example of some feedback that we received.

There have been concerns in this thread that the sounds are gone in their entirety, but internal testing has shown that this is not the case. While they are quieter now, they are audible at default volume levels except during intense combat, and the impact sounds for the weapon are also intact. That said, if you know of a way that the sounds for this weapon can be reliably and consistently shown to not cue, we are interested in that—please let us know with a detailed reply in this thread!

We hope you agree that erring on the side of caution is for the best.

As always, we thank you for feedback about issues like this which concern you, the players!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#44 -

Hi there, Yalora. Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback about your experience with the Greatsaw. We’re aware that you experience the sounds of your Greatsaw far quieter than anyone else who has made contact about this issue, and that still needs a bit of troubleshooting. It will be looked into for a future release.

However, the sounds of this weapons will not be increased any further on a global level, as it is now quite audible under any normal circumstances.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#46 -

There are some known issues of sounds being unusually quieter than others with surround sound being the culprit, and they have always proven solvable via changing the configuration on the end-user side. However, I do not have a guide for troubleshooting the particular problems people are having.

If a surround sound system is suspected to be the culprit, I suggest temporarily substituting your surround sound for a stereo system (either two-speakers, or a pair of headphones) and, after properly setting that, checking the game sounds to find out of the mix is any better. If so, then your surround sound setup might not be mixing the surround sound channels properly and could need some adjusting.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#48 -

The sounds for this weapon were increased on a global level with the latest patch, but a client-side only change, such as a slider which only affects this weapon or weapons like it (there are scant few), is a much, much larger change that will require a lot of work.

However, it may yet be addressed in a future update.

Also, as this has been an ongoing issue, I figured I should mention that Necromancer skill sounds were adjusted with the latest patch, and hopefully they are much more enjoyable to listen to overall.