• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRecovering a account?Source
Karizma.4981
Target Source
#1 -

M e and a friend stopped playing in sept and we are just coming back, I logged into my account fine but he is having issues.

He thinks he might of been hacked but were not sure he tried to use the forgot password on the actual launcher but it just brings us to a This feature is currently unavailable page. We then tried https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/utils/account_assistance but he never got a email in return from either option, I also then tried it and it didn’t send me a response either.

Is the recovering process currently unavailable or are we going about this the wrong way?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Is it possible that your friend’s email account was compromised and that is why he is not getting the emails from Support? We do answer every ticket. If you could please provide me with the 12-digit incident/ticket number, I’ll see if I can find the ticket in the system and give you both an update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hi, thanks for responding.

I would also think his account being compromised would be the reason why hes not being emailed from support, but when I tried to use the same service I didn’t get response either so I don’t know if the service is down or something else.

He just put a ticket in(I tried helping him with what username was but I don’t even know what its referring to I’m just aware of my display name and my login email so he just put his email for it) we didn’t think he could put one in without being logged in, his account the ticket number for it is #130205-000003

thank you for your help

Glad to help and let’s let that ticket percolate a little bit so that someone on the team can review and get back in touch. If you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.