• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSuddenly, HORRIBLE GRAPHCIS!Source
Taven.5402
Target Source
#1 -

I noticed how even if I’d have the graphics on low, everything STILL looked good. But I’ve noticed just recently, everything suddenly seems to have N64 graphics! My computer seems to just barely meet the requirements to play, and I liked how beautiful it was before. While this does increase the FPS… just looking at the world now makes my skin crawl! Any help? BTW..it appears changing the graphics options do NOTHING now, but make everything appear shiny instead of better.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

Hi Taven – Could you attach a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings in addition to a DxDiag report? You can find the DxDiag by hitting the Windows key + R and typing in “dxdiag.” You will want to make sure you click “Run 64-bit DxDiag” and then “Save All Information” to an easy to find location such as your desktop.

Once you have this, you can attach it to the thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…” under your reply.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

Hi Taven thanks for the screenshots and the DxDiag! It looks like you’ve got some of your settings turned down incredibly low which would distort the image somewhat, and I apologize if I had misread your issue.

I would definitely recommend creating a support ticket so that we can assist you one on one because there’s a bit more info we may need to request from you that I’m not sure you’d want to have to keep posting to the thread. This could potentially involve just some settings in your Catalyst Control Center.

As for the upgrades, 8 GB of RAM should be plenty, although you may want to consider upgrading your card if you’re looking for a performance boost. Guild Wars 2 is very CPU heavy, though upgrading your graphics card wouldn’t hurt either.

With AMD cards, you can look at it like this: the first digit is the generation, the second is the series, and the last two say the model. Examples:

4xxx, 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx are the generations, the higher the number the newer it is. Not necesary the most powerful but more efficient.

x9xx – The most powerful series.
x8xx – Mid-High-end tier series.
x7xx – Low-Medium-end tier series.
x6xx – Low-end tier series.

So that should give you some idea of what you’re getting when looking at cards. Tom’s Hardware actually has a pretty helpful graphics card hierarchy chart which gives you a nice breakdown of most AMD and Nvidia cards.

If you have any other questions just let me know.