• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWhat Is Up With Increasing Prices?Source
Zach.2618
Target Source
#1 -

I just got the game 2 weeks ago and have been watching yuotube videos and what not, well to my notice, prices have soared since the game started.. well a legendary is now 2500g now, hmm 2500g… what could a player possibly want with 2500g? ok maybe its his opinion on how much effort he has put in.. But onward to the next point, well when i bought the game 2 weeks ago 100 gems were about 1g, and now its 2g:O yes :O.. i mean will prices keep increasing? aren’t the devs doing anything about it? g isn’t getting any easier to earn, and if any case its getting harder.. so maybe in a few months 100 gems would be 10g? lols or is there some kinda economical theories i don’t know about that would magically solve the problem? Cause i feel that im getting poorer everyday even thought im technically earning more $$..

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Think about the total supply of money.
Then also consider happenings inside the game (sales, new items) and how the currency exchange works.

You’ll have your answer.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#26 -

I really think they need to adjust lodestone drops.

Then the prices of lodestones would drop

In a virtually economy like this one, that isn’t necessarily true. Because of the ease of entry, it’s not uncommon to see an item become more common, more players receive the item naturally and enter the market, creating more demand and increasing prices instead of decreasing prices.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#28 -

Most certainly.