• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagFriend not banned for power leveling?Source
AimForThatFace.7814
Target Source
#1 -

So my friend bought a power leveling service of a website which he paid real money for which than some Chinese guy got his level to 80. It’s been 3months and he is still not been banned, what is going on here? Do arena net actually banned people for this or only when they are actually reported from a player?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

There are numerous detection systems in place in addition to frequent player reports. There’s no rule against someone leveling up quickly, but there is a rule against sharing accounts and the use of disallowed services. First, do keep in mind that people say silly things, and that this may not have happened. Secondly, did you report this player so the team could take a look?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Also what happens if you want to share a account with a friend so they can take in turns leveling a character is this not allowed?

No, it is not allowed.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

So if a user shared his account details you’ll be banned, how would you find out if a player has been on a website and used a power leveling service unless you seen there screen when they bought it?

Also what happens if you want to share a account with a friend so they can take in turns leveling a character is this not allowed?

Sharing an account is against the terms-of-service. So no, it’s not allowed. They’ve stated that several times on the forum, look through Gaile’s post history for some of the reasons why

As for powerleveling services, they’re not going to tell you how they identify accounts that use the services – but it doesn’t take much imagination to come up with technical means that might be used to do so.

No system is going to catch everybody, and I’m sure they’re going to err on the side of letting a few slip through rather than bring down the banhammer on someone who didn’t do anything – but why risk it?

Thanks, Synch — this pretty much sums it up.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

I have no way of knowing what happened here. You can submit a report, but I don’t know that you have any evidence that this took place, and it feels as if it may not be worthwhile to investigate at this late date.