• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagReally ANET...Source
Lotherain.1062
Target Source
#1 -

Speaking for one of my best friends, because he was recently banned for “Botting”. I know him and he doesn’t “bot”. The only “third party” program we use is TS3. We know that there is a warning when installing TS3, because some games might consider it to be a cheating program.

On another note. Banning an account because of suspicious behavior is ok, I see why. But banning an account WITHOUT notifing the account holder that somethings up with their account and that they should look into it, is just not right.

He has already sent in a ticket to be reviewed. Just hoping that ANET can see that this is a major issue and hope this gets resolved for everyone.

If you need more info, I can contact my friend.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hello everyone.

Lotherain, we really appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback, which will be passed on to the team. Rest assured that your friend only needs to wait till Customer Support gets back to him; in any case, if the ticket has been not solved in 3 days, please write the reference number and a little description in the subforum sticky for old tickets.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

I’m very sorry that you folks were blocked. We identified a database error that resulted in a false-positive related to about a dozen game accounts. All have been reinstated, but if you find you have continued issues with this problem, and if it’s been more than three days since you submitted your ticket, please post an update in this thread. I will be watching for new posts so that we can address this right away.

Again, our apologies for this issue!!