• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAny Help AppreciatedSource
void.6705
Target Source
#1 -

SO here is the timeline that I know of for sure.

Yesterday morning I log in check WvW for a few poi’s I need this is around 8am est no issue. I get home from work around 9 pm est, by the time I get situated at home its a little after 10 pm. When I go to log in I get a message that my account has been banned. It seems to be a standard response when this happens to someone.

I have a pretty normal routine, I play m-f somewhere between 9pm-1am depends on my work day, saturday I will play a little longer normally after 7pm and sundays is pretty varied as far as times go mostly evenings. I will also play on Wed. when I am off from work.

So I start to think back of what have I done or been accused of well I have no illegal software on my computer. The only ingame program besides Guild Wars I run is Vent or TS. So I continue to back track my last few days, I know I always complete my daily stuff for the laurels. I try and get either a FoTM 10 or 20, I keep an eye on dragon timers so I do they whenever I can. I tried the cursed shore farming for gold/eq but that is way to crowded and I have a hard time landing enough hits to always get some loot. So it has to be from karka farming, I have run there a lot in the past few weeks for two reasons I need powerful bloods for Incinerator and the shells sell for good money. Now we normally do this with a group of people from our guild one night we had two whole groups of 5 running that area. Sometimes when we have under 5 people we will pick up people in the zone to round out our group. My game play has increased over the last few weeks because I enjoy playing this game so I play it alot and getting the material and gold you need for a legendary requires you to grind a lot of gold/material to create it. I have several people who I play with everyday online that I also speak with on vent/ts that can also let you know I am not a bot.

Now I don’t know If I will get my account back or why I was targeted for this? Did I kitten someone off farming karka because we had a big group and they feel left out or did someone kill a mob and they got no loot. I have no idea all I do know is that I am not a bot all of my logged hours on this game have been me sitting at my computer doing the work.

I have been on this game going back to GW1 and all the expansions, played this during beta weekends. I have referred a few people to play this game, I have never used a bot to do my work for me. Would it have made it easier sure but I want to know that when I make my legendary I know I did it legit. I have no problem giving Anet anything they want access to with my account or computer to see I have not used a bot.

Please Help

A concerned fan and player

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

I’m sorry for the distress, but the fastest way to get to the bottom of this is for you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Thanks for your comments, kiba. Please note, void, that the more information contained in the first ticket — or added by updating it — the faster the team can help you. That’s why I link to the How to Submit a Ticket post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

I’m very sorry that you folks were blocked. We identified a database error that resulted in a false-positive related to about a dozen game accounts. All have been reinstated, but if you find you have continued issues with this problem, and if it’s been more than three days since you submitted your ticket, please post an update in this thread. I will be watching for new posts so that we can address this right away.

Again, our apologies for this issue!!