• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagClose Friend Wrongfully BannedSource
Kiamar.1820
Target Source
#1 -

I’m not sure if there is some kind of glitch with how Anet identifies and bans players for botting, but a long-standing guildmate of mine was wrongfully banned yesterday. I’ve gamed with this person for 12 years and know that she couldn’t possibly bot because she quite frankly doesn’t know how. She’s not particularly tech savy so the notion that she’s been banned for this would be somewhat amusing if it weren’t for the fact that the situation is pretty distressing for her.

Display name is miamor.3849
Incident number: 130208-000315

Hopefully this gets resolved quickly. From the looks of some other posts, it seems she isn’t the only one.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Nothing has changed in our bot detection. And as always, we are happy to review any case where a false-positive has accidentally blocked a legitimate account. Please continue to discuss this with Support.

If you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Kiamar, I’m very sorry that you were blocked. We identified a database error that resulted in a false-positive related to about a dozen game accounts. All have been reinstated, including yours, but if you find you have continued issues with this problem, and if it’s been more than three days since you submitted your ticket, please post an update in this thread. I will be watching for new posts so that we can address this right away.

Again, our apologies for this issue!!