• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagMore Complaints About Offensive Name BlockSource
Tugger.4102
Target Source
#1 -

The problem I have is they ban/suspend first and ask questions later. They should get in contact with the individual first discuss the issue and give them a warning and if the problem persists they can then ban/suspended. I am dealing with a suspension of my own and am none to pleased about the way they are handling it because it is very unprofessional. I would have to say this has been the worst customer support experience I have ever had which is sad because I very much enjoy there product but with a experience like this my view on ArenaNet has changed and I honestly don’t know if I can recommended there products any more considering how poor there customer service is.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Don’t post on the forum – it will not help.
Write a ticket and ask for review – that will help.

Doesn’t help if they don’t respond to your ticket….

Some tickets are prioritized above others. A log-in issue — “I’ve been banned and I didn’t do anything” or “I cannot remember my password” — is of higher priority than "My name was blocked and I’m not happy.

I don’t mean to single you out, but it’s plain truth that some situations deserve more immediate action than others.

Having said that a team member usually responds within hours, a day or two at most. And we have a sticky thread at the top of this Account Support Forum for anyone who has waited 3 days or more.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#27 -

Enough.

The character name was offensive. You were warned against such choices. You were suspended, which you were foretold.

Your display also was offensive. It was changed. No additional suspension was placed on your account, although strictly speaking that could have happened within the expressed policies about name infractions.

You were kindly allowed to rename.
You were generously given a display name close to your chosen one.

Hereby ends the discussion of your issue. If you choose to troll the forums about this, if you choose to take over other players’ posts with your tiny issue, you will serve a time out here, as well. There is only so much kindness and generosity we reasonably can be expected to show.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

See above. And stop posting about this.