• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagFalse Positive for BottingSource
Illuminaut.8297
Target Source
#1 -

My wife returned home this evening from work to find out her account had been permenantly banned for ‘botting, extended unnatended play, using macros or similar behavior’ and other such activities that she’s definitely not guilty of.

While I’m aware that this is likely an error on behalf of bot-detection algorithms, it’s entirely a disturbing thing to come home to, especially when she and I have been nothing but upstanding members of the GW2 community.. She’s already submitted a support ticket, but I feel it neccesary to speak on her behalf as she’s not able to edit or update her ticket because her account has been permenantly banned.

Her account name is that of Falindae.6075. If further details are required, I’d be happy to submit them in a PM, but I feel like a serious mistake has been made and I speak for the both of us when I say that I would like to see it ammended.

Melvin.9568
Target Source
#1 -

My brother just got banned when he logged in to do his dailies today accusing him of botting. He doesn’t do it and doesn’t even know what it is or how it works. Anet has been just banning anyone that farms stuff apparently, it’s illegal to spend over an hour in southsun cove apparently. He had just figured out how to get there 2 days ago and used 2 magic find boosts (2 hrs) to farm karka shells and even partnered up with people there for 2 hours until magic find boost wore off and was chatting occasionally as well, how does that define being a botter?

Funny thing was while he was in southsun cove another player was complaining that 4 or his friends all of whom were ranger apparently got banned. My brother was trying to get 30 karka shells so he could craft an armor that required it and he gets flagged for botting. If they don’t want people to farm for stuff why not change recipes to only need like 1 karka shell or 5 instead of 30 which takes a while to get because it’s a rare drop. Whatever system Anet is using to detect botters is simply flawed and they are hurting their own loyal customers.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

I really encourage your brother to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will look into this. It’s possible he was linked with botters and got caught in the sweep, but I cannot say that with certainty. (And we do not intend for that to happen, naturally! Legitimate players should be and are intended to be free to play as they desire.)

For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please ask him to read this post because including that info will speed up the ticket for him.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

I am sorry that this is happening, and I want, first, to point you to a post that I made earlier today, because while the form of messaging may not be clear, I believe that this situation does apply to some of you posting in this thread (or your friends or guildies). Here’s the post.

I don’t mean to appear to be making excuses for our errors. We have made them, and we do make them, and I agree with you that we need to reduce the number of false positives. That is something I will spend my tomorrow looking into, you have my word on it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

I also was banned for being accused of botting…. I would like to see any records of me botting or anything like that yes I run the same zones a lot but I am always on my account… I havent receieved any emails or anything to let me know exactly why I was banned

Write a support ticket and ask them there.

Oh I did trust me they heard from me

Michael.4791 assumes people don’t make tickets before they post on the forum.

Many people do not understand the process and believe that posting here, or listing their guild members’ or friends’ names here, will get a review started. That is not the case, so reminding folks to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page is in fact a very helpful thing to do. That should actually be the first step in getting an issue resolved, although it’s fine to post here after the ticket is submitted (and especially if the issue has extended 3 days or longer). Whether posting in the main forum or in the Tickets for Review thread, please always provide me with the 12-digit ticket number as a starting point in researching the issue.

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

I’m sorry for the distress, but the fastest way to get to the bottom of this is for you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#31 -

same thing happened to me, void. send in a support ticket and have the support team review your account history. turnaround is quick if you’re able to get their questions answered as soon as you receive them via email or through your support account.

best of luck!

Thanks for your comments, kiba. Please note, void, that the more information contained in the first ticket — or added by updating it — the faster the team can help you. That’s why I link to the How to Submit a Ticket post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#37 -

I also was banned for being accused of botting…. I would like to see any records of me botting or anything like that yes I run the same zones a lot but I am always on my account… I havent receieved any emails or anything to let me know exactly why I was banned

Write a support ticket and ask them there.

Oh I did trust me they heard from me

Michael.4791 assumes people don’t make tickets before they post on the forum.

Many people do not understand the process and believe that posting here, or listing their guild members’ or friends’ names here, will get a review started. That is not the case, so reminding folks to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page is in fact a very helpful thing to do. That should actually be the first step in getting an issue resolved, although it’s fine to post here after the ticket is submitted (and especially if the issue has extended 3 days or longer). Whether posting in the main forum or in the Tickets for Review thread, please always provide me with the 12-digit ticket number as a starting point in researching the issue.

Thanks.

My reference number is 130207-000459. Would love to discuss this in private

This thread is about false-positives for botting. You were blocked for using an offensive character and display name, therefore this post is off-topic.

You have chosen to use several offensive names, both in your character names and your display name. You will be able to change your character name when your suspension expires. You will not be given the option to change your display name, which was changed to something close to your chosen name, but removing the offensive connotations.

I will not discuss this with you privately, and ask that you stop sending me PMs about this situation. You have been in breach of the User Agreement multiple times and simply need to serve your time and behave properly in the future.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#38 -

I am going to merge two threads; bear with me.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#42 -

Lurock, I do not believe your friend was caught up in the same error. As I said, it affected only about a dozen people, from what I have been able to ascertain.

Your friend’s ticket will be reviewed and dealt with as quickly as possible, though!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#43 -

Merging three threads so that folks can find their posts without searching a bunch of pages.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#44 -

I’m very sorry about this issue. We identified a database error that resulted in a false-positive related to about a dozen game accounts. All have been reinstated, but if you find you have continued issues with this problem, and if it’s been more than three days since you submitted your ticket, please post an update in this thread. I will be watching for new posts so that we can address this right away.

Again, our apologies for this issue!!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#45 -

Hello, my friend is still falsely banned and cannot use his account to post on here. He asked me to post his case number.

At the time he was banned he was in WvW with guild members….in no way was he boting.

Icewielder.4195
130209-000209

He’s also back in the game as of today.