• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagFemale WvWersSource
Jayne.9251
Target Source
#1 -

So the secret’s out .. girls actually DO play video games. (I know fellahs, it’s a shocker) …

But I was more curious about those of us who WvW. Traditionally, I would never have ever set foot in anything pvp-related, but I’ve found myself developing a certain fondness for WvW because it involves strategy and a strong sense of teamwork.

We were talking about this on our forums tonight and I’ll pilfer this data from another server-mate about stats:

Computer/Video Game Industry Demo Data:

- The average gamer is 30 years old and has been playing for 12 years.

- Sixty-eight percent of gamers are 18 years of age or older.

- Forty-seven percent of all players are women, and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry’s fastest growing demographics.

- Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (30 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf

For MMORPGs in particular, it’d be a safe estimate to say women make up around a 3rd of the playerbase, though many factors can skew that number for any given game, including genre, level of player-generated content, representation of avatars, etc.

So I’m curious ladies; why do you WvW? And if you do, what role do you find yourself in: support, supply, or out on the front lines bashing some heads?

What most out there should realize is that the “guy” beside you could just be female … and likely kicking your butt

Girls-only thread! Fellahs keep out!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#91 -

Hello everyone,

there is no reason to make inappropriate remarks or jokes about the gender of players, so please refrain from it – it’s disrespectful.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#127 -

Hello everyone,

there is nothing wrong with making a thread like this one, but this particular thread went completely out of hand with off-topic posts and provoking, disrespectful posts. You’ve been asked to refrain from that, but it didn’t happen.
The opening post asked specific questions, but the replies so far barely answered those and went into completely different directions.

The thread is closed now.