• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagDisplay name Change.Source
Jerome Javier.6795
Target Source
#1 -

Hi there Anet, is it possible to changed a display name by any chance? I’m currently using my real name as my display name since that’s what i thought it asked me while filling the register sign up.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. I believe they will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

I asked support about this a few months ago and they are unable to change display names.

They are unable to do it upon request because it takes too much time to do it frivolously. Plus, we have a policy of not changing randomly to avoid people “escaping their own history.” “I don’t like my name” or even “I used my first name” isn’t a valid reason to reverse policy.

In the case of the OP, there is a very valid reason to change the Display Name and I believe that the team will be able to help him.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Those are interesting comments, but I will need to investigate what we truly say upon account creation. (Not what’s said casually or by other players, but actually in the creation system.) For example, I do not recall that we ever said the display name “was not permanent.” I also do not recall that we said in the creation process that the name was “for forum use only.”

I will look into the matter and if we are not messaging clearly, I will suggest appropriate changes so that players fully understand the purpose and use of display names. That doesn’t revise policy, and we’re not going to offer a free name change because there are many reasons to not do that. However, I will see if we need to clear up any messaging at the time of account creation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Yup when i registered very early it said for forum use and it wasn’t permanent so i put this on for my forum posting as i always do. I do not want everybody in game calling me Motavi as its not bad its just i am a bit of an altoholic and i would like something more broad to cover maybe my play style perhaps, or something different as opposed to ppl asking why my “main” Motavi Boomington is onyl lvl 30 and is hardly played all the time.

You will have the options to change your character names in the future, and that will address that question for you.