• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAccount transferSource
legobottom.7456
Target Source
#1 -

My friend just created his character, but he made it on a different world than me and some other friends, would it be possible for him to transfer to our world by deleting his character or something along those lines? I dont want him to have to pay for the server switch when he just got the game.

Thanks

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Your friend can guest on your server. Of course that means he cannot participate in WvW, but it would get you together. Alternately, since he’s a new player, perhaps you and his other friends could take up a collection to help him pay for the transfer?

(Deleting the characters would not provide a free world transfer.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

You can delete all the characters on the account and then change servers for free. The transfer costs only kick in for accounts with characters on them.

(Deleting the characters would not provide a free world transfer.)

Now I am really confused. I read Martin’s post and was really excited and pleased that ANet was being considerate of players… But now I’m confused. Who is correct? If Martin’s wrong, I can see people deleting their characters by ANet’s recommendation, getting screwed out of their characters, and then not being able to transfer. But, Gaile, if you’re right then that means players are stuck forever. Martin’s post makes the most sense and “should be” what is implemented in my opinion, but some clarification is definitely in order.

I am so sorry! I asked three team members and they told me that I was mistaken and that deleting characters would not make it possible to change servers without a fee. * grumble *

Live and learn. Like, next time I shall ask four team members.

Sorry that I erred, and legobottom, I guess your friend can address his situation by deleting all characters! However, before we take that as 100% certain, I’m going to ask QA, because they tested this and they’ll know for certain (although I feel sure Martin was correct).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Ok, confirmed by my good team member: The server transfer fee is for moving characters, if you have no characters the transfer is free.

Again, my apologies for my error yesterday.