• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBad EconomySource
GaiusJuliusCasear.7253
Target Source
#1 -

I will be honest. A good economy makes me want to play. WoW had a good economy depending on the server of course.

I am poor in real life. So why would I want to role play as poor? They need to increase the amount the vendors will buy stuff for. That is a huge problem for me. I know I am waiting to see if another MMO that is coming out will have a better Economy set up. I know the series so I do have a bit more faith in them for making a better Economic model. I know they are trying to get people to buy gems, but it makes me not want to even bother when they come out with an expansion.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

You’re saying you prefer market failures because it adds a sense of opportunity?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

You’re saying you prefer market failures because it adds a sense of opportunity?

In a way that is exactly what im saying, a healthy game market should in my opinion have a sense of opportunity, I rarely get that feeling at all in the current market, even when I do find a item with high return rates, it always ends up as a boring 1cp up pricing war.

Not fun at all.

One example of this is d3, It was a absoluty HORRIBLE game, and the amount of inflation in the ah made it progressivly worse.

But the sense of opportunity was great, It actually felt worthwhile to sit down and watch the prices of items for hours upon hours, actually getting rewarded for learning the actual value and demand of a item, rather then having the game tell you the demand etc.

The current TP works great for high quantity items like crafting mats etc, but for higher value items I don’t like it at all.

Infact chances are precursors would go down naturally in price if players wernt instantly informed that they can get 500g for them trough tp.

That said, I am not a very articulate man, nor am I a econmics wizards, So I am prob not the best person to explain how to do this or come up with how it should be done.

I do how ever know what I like in Mmos after 15+ years of playing them, and being able to get deals is one of the major draws for me, and it is something that has been possible in almost every single mmo up to date, with the exception of gw2.

Gw2 tp just seems to end up as a cold number crunching game to me, and I can’t find the fun in it.

and im gueesing im not the only one.

Edit: Dan, that is kinda my point, I feel allowing access to that info outside of game is a mistake.

I have to make the argument that your deals are coming at the expense of another player. You are arguing against market efficiency because you want to exploit other people easier, I don’t agree that’s a positive goal for the game overall (though I make no judgement about personal goals).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#237 -

Tyria is a its own world. The Black Lion Trading Company exists in that world and plays the roll it was meant to play. The TP was intentionally designed to be part of the game and, much more than real life, you may choose to live how you like inside Tyria. It’s your world to live in.