• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagMailing Gold To Partner?Source
Sheepski.5479
Target Source
#1 -

Hi,

I’m not sure which section this fits but my enquiry is related to mailing gold to another account.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up to buy her Dusk, the last part she needs for Twilight, for a while now and we’re almost at the point where we can afford it. However I wanted to ask whether if mailing her around 300 gold would flag either of our accounts for bans, due to a perceived RMT transaction?

In the past we’ve sent a lot of small mails with various amounts of gold and rare items and not hit a problem, and of course the upcoming mail will have a message involved too… but I just don’t want either of us banned, naturally.

It would be great to know beforehand, thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hi,

I’m not sure which section this fits but my enquiry is related to mailing gold to another account.

My girlfriend and I have been saving up to buy her Dusk, the last part she needs for Twilight, for a while now and we’re almost at the point where we can afford it. However I wanted to ask whether if mailing her around 300 gold would flag either of our accounts for bans, due to a perceived RMT transaction?

In the past we’ve sent a lot of small mails with various amounts of gold and rare items and not hit a problem, and of course the upcoming mail will have a message involved too… but I just don’t want either of us banned, naturally.

It would be great to know beforehand, thanks.

Are you in the same guild? You could consider using the guild bank, if you felt it was secure for this sort of transaction. While a huge mail might raise a few eyebrows in the security reviews, that alone would not be at all likely to cause you to be suspended. There are many elements that are reviewed, rather than just the amount being transferred.

Best of luck with the Dusk acquisition!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

While a huge mail might raise a few eyebrows in the security reviews, that alone would not be at all likely to cause you to be suspended.

Your phrase ‘would not be at all likely’ is worrying, given its implications.

I am sorry if that phrasing causes you concern. I don’t like to speak in absolutes, saying, “That will never happen.” As pointed out above, humans beings are involved in account and transaction reviews and human beings can make errors. In addition, rarely, but within the realm of possibility, a player can misdirect a mail and think we’ve taken the mis-sent goods, data can become corrupted, and an asteroid the size of a Buick can flash over Russia. Not likely, but it could happen!

So I firmly believe that things will be fine and I’m very certain that if something untoward happens, the team can sort it out.