• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRanger laurel box giving non-ranger gear [Merged]Source
Jelani.4572
Target Source
#1 -

I am guessing this is a bug.

Today I decided to check out what kind of things I would get out of the Ranger box. I am fine with getting stuff I don’t want to use. That’s the gamble of it. But imagine my surprise to find Berserker’s rifle of Water, an item rangers cant use. I was mildly annoyed.

I sent an ingame bug report but figured I would post here too as a warning to others.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Thank you for the reports, everyone; the designers are working on a fix for this issue. In the meantime, if you’re planning on buying the laurel box, we’d recommend that you wait for now. Sorry for the bug!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

In order to prevent players from encountering this bug while we work on a fix, we’ve disabled the Ranger chest from being opened for the time being. You will still be able to purchase the chest, but you will not be able to open it (and get weapons that you can’t use).

As soon as we have a fix for this bug, we will make the chest accessible again. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#75 -

I don’t have an ETA for when a fix will hit the Live servers, sorry! Disabling the boxes was the safest, quicket fix we could make, since that’s something we were able to do without requiring a new build. (Removing the box from the vendor entirely would have required a new build, since it would have involved a content change.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#81 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Ranger-laurel-box-giving-non-ranger-gear/1439935

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#112 -

As I said earlier, disable usage of the kit was the best thing we can do that wouldn’t involve a content change. Currently, content updates are on a monthly basis, to give our QA team time to go over any changes. Obviously, we do make mistakes like this bug, but we’re hoping that with the slower update schedule we can consistently put out much better updates. Your patience is appreciated, and I’m sorry for the wait.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#114 -

This post gives a good summary of how we prioritize bugs:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Introduction-to-the-Bug-Fixing-Process-and-the-Live-Response-Team/first#post983367

Short answer, an exploit that puts the game’s economy at risk, or a crash bug, does take a higher priority. Also, the BLTC uses a totally different system for setting what’s for sale/prices, etc. so it’s not really a fair comparison to in-game merchants.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#119 -

Hey everyone,

This thread has started going off-topic and become increasingly negative. While we regret that a bug was implemented with the last patch, we’ve given all the updates we can on the issue at this time.

This thread will now be closed.