• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagDisappointed with outcome of hacking.Source
kryo.3586
Target Source
#1 -

I have been back and forward with the customer service about an incident last Friday/Saturday. I logged on to find my account blank. All characters were deleted.
I contacted your service team as prompted by this forum board. They told me the characters were definitely deleted (obviously) but that the account was not compromised., therefore it must have been me that deleted the characters.
I explained and showed all the information. Gave them my IP address I use to log into the account and the hackers IP address that had logged into the account they were clearly different.
They said that they would not offer me an account rollback and I am now left with nothing to show from 400+ hours of gameplay.

Now I understand that account security is my responsiblity but I’m very disappointed that nothing, not even a good will gesture had been offered my way. I’ve emailed them again with yet more information but now they are just ignoring me. Hopefully this may be addressed so future players don’t run into this problem.

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We are very careful in reviewing these situations and there are few cases that end in error after a second (sounds like maybe even a third) review.

I have inquired about this one and await input from the team. If you can provide any ticket numbers related to this case, it would be helpful.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Hello,

Has there been any update onthis?

I referred this for review late last week. I heard on Saturday that someone was investigating. Having not received a response, I’ve asked for one as of today.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Thanks for the update Mr Gray

Well, it’s Ms. Gray, but that’s ok. And you’re very welcome for the update.

But even better… Good news! After another review, we were able to find the compromise. This was a really complicated issue but when I saw some specific, newly-analyzed logs last night, I knew we had this one nailed. (Finally!) I’m sorry for the delay, but I know that several agents took a look at the issue and it truly was hard to determine what had taken place.

Anyway, you’re back in the game, the account is restored to the pre-compromise state and I believe you’re good to go. * happy dance *