• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagFrom "perceived" to proved...Source
puffintoast.6501
Target Source
#1 -

I sense a cautionary tale in all this, for any community managers present or future who would care to pay attention…

An enormous, in-depth thread about problems with negatively-adjusted drop rates erupts on your forums.

You remain silent for far too long, then scrub the thread, replacing it with a request for information that has existed in the removed thread for months.

More time passes, before you then declare the following:
“Just wanted to give a quick update on this topic. We’ve completed verifying every update from the november release, and there were zero changes to anything what so ever that would have negatively affected loot in any way/shape/form. We can officially confirm this as an X-files level conspiracy at this point.”

Then you let the population that care enough to rally around the topic stew awhiles longer, allowing ample time for the thoughtless and callous to sling derision at the ‘conspiracy nuts’, until finally closing the thread with a post about how it was all actually quite true, and will be patched up in a matter of a week or so…

No apology, nor admission of responsibility for the realities of the issues that were causing such dissent and division in your community.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#43 -

It’s worth noting, the X-files conspiracy comment was directly responding to the theory something changed in the November release that made it all suddenly worse that has been perpetuated since Lost Shores. We confirmed nothing what so ever changed in November, as we posted after a complete investigation into all parts of that release, thus the comment. Probably not worded the best on my part, but please take the time to read the actual comment in context and don’t apply it to other situations that had nothing to do with the remark.

As posted within the loot discussion thread, we did exactly what we said we would do: we completed our investigation of the November release and all loot tables and found no issues what so ever, we immediately let the community know no issues were discovered from the changes in the November release.

We then expanded the search to other parts of the game, here we found issues that had existed since launch and have both let you know about them, and will be correcting them.

To those who theorized there were issues since launch with qualifying for loot, you were indeed correct and your tinfoil hat is justified, thanks very much for helping us find this issue! November however, remains an X-files level conspiracy that has been debunked. There ya go

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#46 -

Colin – much appreciated that you are so active in the forums these past two days and that you took the time to post this. It is good for the community to have this communication open.

Can we get an in-game tinfoil hat? I would proudly wear it everywhere on my Ranger.

I would love to wear one as well =)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#49 -

There’s still no reason to kill champs, Colin. Blue does not good reward make.

Just a reminder, blue is the absolute minimum champs can drop, they have much better odds of dropping good loot than regular mobs, and once you’re properly getting kill credit for them hopefully this becomes more visible.