• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagYour character rename you must...Source
pistolingo.1920
Target Source
#1 -

So somehow one of my chars seems to have an offensive name?
Well I’m somewhat puzzled. The name in question is “Mitch Bassacre”. I can only suspect that this is due to the “ kitten #8221; in the last name but I really can’t see how that name is offensive. I would have completely understood the forced name change for one of my other characters because the name is pretty offensive (and I would love to change it).

Would someone please enlighten me?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Edit: Investigating

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Ok, so swap the letters in the first and last names and it’s NOT a nice name so the block holds and you need to rename the character. In addition, another name has a reference to human anatomy and it has been censored as well and a third and fourth have used the “let’s be cute by switching the first letter to hide a naughty name” elements, and they have been censored. The team is looking for others now.

I would strongly encourage you to take care with your name choices in the future. Continued use of offensive names can result in a lot more than a rename or even a brief suspension; you can find your account terminated.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

I guess Smooth Penguin has a point there. Hopefully this will lead to suspending all Accounts which have names which are anagrams to any inappropriate word. Let’s start with White Shore, Whacky Shore and Pong Lenis since they match this pattern

And I am also proud to report that my account has now been suspended for 72h for use of an unacceptable name. Did I just miss the account suspension for Mitch Bassacre (I was justed asked to change the name) or are those 72h for a “repeated” felony ?

Defending poor choices by pointing at others isn’t a defense or a justification. Certainly if other names are observed, noted, or reported, they will be dealt with as well. I’m just a little surprised that someone would post “I don’t know what I did” when they have four offensive names.

You should check again. You are not suspended. Consider that a kindness and, as I said, for future names… choose wisely.