• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagLegendary Sunrise scammed.Source
nergoza.6387
Target Source
#1 -

Hello to the community members and Arena Net,

I will try to make this short since i am really frustrated , disgusted and devasted by what happened.

A person who i shall not name in this thread ( over 6K+ Achievement points) has offered 2000 gold for my twilight but via in-game Mail , to avoid TP Fees. I thought about it for a bit then accepted since i thought he was pretty well mannered and mature-ish.

I sent the sunrise over , and he replied saying just give me a moment i will send the gold from another account. At this point i got a little nervous.

He has never came online since on both accounts which leads to make me think he blocked me or w/e and simply got scammed.

Me and my close mate have worked over 2 month to achieve the sunrise together. I was planning on selling it for gold and getting my mate the legendary he always wanted which was Twilight.

This may sound very pathetic , but i will keep it honest and won’t try to create a fake ego of what im not feeling right now. Right now i have no urge of even logging and playing just cause of the fact all of our efforts has gone astray.

Any help with this situation will be appreciated.

Thank you

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

I sure understand how disappointed you must be. It is precisely for this reason that the Trading Post was developed. The fees are small — consider it “transaction insurance” if you will — and for items of this magnitude, isn’t it worth being sure you’ll have a successful and pleasant transaction.

I am sorry you were scammed, and I strongly encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. Please report this player, so he/she can be stopped from harming other players. We cannot and will not get involved in these incidents in the sense of retrieving the items, but we will take action to protect the community and mete out the sort of outcome that a cheater so richly deserves.

Again, I’m sorry that someone did that, and please use the TP in the future.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Thanks for posting, nergoza. I am positive that you helped other players by sharing your thoughts!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#28 -

The trading post is there for a reason. It should provide a safe environment and help stopping scams like the ones done in GW1. If you choose to operate outside that, you are on your own and you know it.
On the other hand, Anet don’t like scammers. So, they are followed and punished anyway.

Thank you for saying it so clearly and so well.