Are you on a crafting kick? Is your armor constantly broken? Does Zommoros have a grudge against you? Great! This week, ArenaNet will be having a sale in their in-game gem store. The price reductions will last the entire week until sometime on Sunday the 10th.

Crafting Booster – 20% off
  • Regularly: 1 for 150 and 5 for 550
  • Sale: 1 for 120 and 5 for 440
Instant Repair Canister – 30% off
  • Regularly: 1 for 70 and 5 for 300
  • Sale: 1 for 50 and 5 for 200
Mystic Forgestones – 20% off
  • Regularly: 5 for 250 and 10 for 450
  • Sale: 5 for 200 and 10 for 360

[source]

Promoted from Gem Store Sale

Comments

#1 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Forge stones are worth it.  Not sure about the other two.

#2 B3aT

B3aT

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Instant Canister still doesn't worth to buy (via gems-gold), even if you have the entire armor broken

#3 kuro

kuro

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I want cool costumes! I'll never waste my money for such a crap >_<

#4 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

wow gee what a deal.

2 gold 40 silver for 1 Crafting Booster
1 gold for 1 Instant Repair Canister
4 gold for 5 Mystic Forge Stones = forge substitute

'not gonna lie, the people that can afford these items through the gem store must be hardcore dungeon farmers or making 100k/yr in real life

#5 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yup, you totally need to be making 100k in real life to afford to spend $4.50 on gems for mystic forgestones. Totally.

I wish that costumes or character slots were on sale.

#6 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostI, on 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

wow gee what a deal.

2 gold 40 silver for 1 Crafting Booster
1 gold for 1 Instant Repair Canister
4 gold for 5 Mystic Forge Stones = forge substitute

Why assume that ArenaNet bases their sales and prices around the gold-gem trade?

#7 Kalx

Kalx

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

those 3 are probably among the lowest selling items on the gem store, that's why the "sale"

#8 Marc1k1

Marc1k1

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think Arenanet need to look at doing deals on the price of Gems, rather than always on the items in the store and maybe some more options when it comes to how many gems you want, for instance its £8 for 800 gems (so £1 per 100 gems ofc) and i'd be much more willing to spend like £2 or £4 occasionally rather than £8

I get that its not much less but I don't see why it isn't easy enough for Arenanet to do and might help sales of Gems (not to say sales are bad, I've no idea.)

#9 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostMarc1k1, on 04 February 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

The problem with this is that they wouldn't want people to feel like they should wait to buy the gems when they are reduced in price.  If there is never a sale on gems, no one will say "I'd like some gems now, but I'll just wait for them to be on sale again".

This is, of course, just my own thinking.

#10 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostBeta Sprite, on 04 February 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

This is, of course, just my own thinking.

Exactly.  Plus then all the people who already bought gems, or bought them like 2-3 days before the sale would be REALLY ticked off.

#11 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

The UK and Europe have to pay alot more in taxes for virtual items and thats just one reason why I will never buy gems with real money....taxes....for virtual items.....

Soon we will have taxes for hypothetical items.

£8.50 for 800 gems

US = $10 / £6.34

EU = e10 / £8.57

Also because of the gold to gems transfer rates going through the roof everytime they put new things in the store or discounts, it's actually better off buying gems with gold and buying the item when it's not even on discount.

#12 Turtle Freak

Turtle Freak

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Darn, just when I was about to buy some gems too...  I guess I'll have to wait another week.  :(