Yes, that's right. For a limited time only the Black Lion Trading Company will be running a Valentine's Day special. For 400 gems, you can be the proud owner of a Bouquet of Roses, which can be used to spread the love all across town. Or, if you're looking for a less traditional use, you can take a note from Richie Procopio and start trolling with roses.

To round things out, Self Style Hair Kits are on sale for 20% off the original price, and unidentified vials of red dye can be purchased for 75 gems each, or 300 for a set of five.

"Quaggan loves you!"

Comments

#1 this a pointed

this a pointed

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yey! more cashshop items :(

#2 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

[quote name='this a pointed' timestamp='1360695122' post='2162947']
Yey! more cashshop items :(

Yaay indeed!
More cashshop items mean more money for ArenaNet, more money for ArenaNet means more stuff for us :D

#3 Volkon

Volkon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

[quote name='Lordkrall' timestamp='1360695274' post='2162949']
Yaay indeed!

Indeed. Note... nothing remotely resembles anything pay-to-win, completely optional cosmetic things. Give them credit, they're running the gem store right.

#4 God Pain

God Pain

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I bougth mine bouquet and start running around LA asking female characters if they would marry me xD

some did! and I even had a wedding song with the choir bell from a random dude.

Was a good day, and made some people laugh =P

#5 Kalx

Kalx

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

that video was amazing. how long until the nerf it?

#6 Nyrath

Nyrath

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I was hoping for some kind of wedding dress for my character. I won't buy it since I'm short on gold and I've wasted some gems on broom and plushie, but kudos to ANet anyway since roses seems to be amazing, at least on this vid :D

#7 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Blast, my gem reserve has been decreased yet again.

Nice BogOtter podcast by Richie Procopio, he clearly was getting his money's worth out of the purchase.

However, this comment in Richie's podcast is an incredible BRILLIANT idea.

[color=#999999][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[size=3][b][background=transparent][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/pwned577"]pwned577[/url] [/background][/b][/size][size=2][background=transparent][url="http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=fY6Vg5vOPRLntzeDiASVyvYLOJNBZYx_RD433-fJMy0"]15 hours ago[/url][/background][/size][/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[size=3][background=transparent]
bwahaha arenanets [size=4][u][b]anti bot bouquet. just throw it at any bot you see they will try to punch the mobs with roses[/b][/u][/size] :D[/background][/size][/size][/font][/color]

I would buy this bouquet solely for this purpose.

• 2097 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

[quote name='Kalx' timestamp='1360706118' post='2163071']
that video was amazing. how long until the nerf it?
[/quote]That video made me giggle to much to see the Bouquet of Roses used that way.

#9 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I actually wish there were even more costumes, skins, and toys in the gem store. ^^

[quote name='Doctor Overlord' timestamp='1360709451' post='2163107']
However, this comment in Richie's podcast is an incredible BRILLIANT idea.

[color=#999999][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2][size=3][b][background=transparent][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/pwned577"]pwned577[/url] [/background][/b][/size][background=transparent][url="http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=fY6Vg5vOPRLntzeDiASVyvYLOJNBZYx_RD433-fJMy0"]15 hours ago[/url][/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=transparent]bwahaha arenanets [size=4][u][b]anti bot bouquet. just throw it at any bot you see they will try to punch the mobs with roses[/b][/u][/size] :D[/background][/size][/font][/color]

I would buy this bouquet solely for this purpose.

Im so gonna do this.

#10 BuddhaKeks

BuddhaKeks

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Wow they have to make cash out of every tiny holiday, don't they? :P

#11 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

[quote name='BuddhaKeks' timestamp='1360760371' post='2163375']
Wow they have to make cash out of every tiny holiday, don't they? :P

Every time I pass a supermarket, I think the exact same thing.

#12 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

[quote name='Xephyr' timestamp='1360734914' post='2163237'][size=4]Im so gonna do this.[/size]
Let me know if it works.    It occurred to me that perhaps this item might not work outside of the towns or the Heart of the Mists lobby. In Richie's video he changes into his town clothes when he equipped it and that's what made me think that.

Changing weapons on bots to kill them could mean jerks might try the same thing on players in the open world..   Of course a player can quickly see their weapon has changed unlike a bot so I still hope this item can be used in the open world.

Has anyone tested to see if the bouquet can be used in the open-world?

#13 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

[quote name='Doctor Overlord' timestamp='1360775771' post='2163535']
Let me know if it works. It occurred to me that perhaps this item might not work outside of the towns or the Heart of the Mists lobby. In Richie's video he changes into his town clothes when he equipped it and that's what made me think that.

Has anyone tested to see if the bouquet can be used in the open-world?

Ive tried it in cursed shore while me and some friends were farming, it does work.

#14 Digilodger

Digilodger

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

My bouquet of roses disappeared all the sudden when I login this afternoon (just bought and played around with it last night). :(  Didn't know it was single use, what a waste of 400 gems.

#15 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

[size=4][quote name='Xephyr' timestamp='1360792673' post='2163683'][/size]
[/quote] :D  You have made me a happy camper.  Thank you!

Only now I have to buy more gems to get one of these for use against any bots I find.   Curse you ArenaNet and your cool ideas!  /shakesfist at sky.

[quote name='Digilodger' timestamp='1360792782' post='2163684']
[/quote]That sounds like a bug!   You should file a ticket.   If this was a one-use item I'm sure the forums would have exploded by now.   Right?

Okay, now I'm nervous.   Can anyone confirm that this was a bug and the item is more than a one-time use?

#16 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

[quote name='Digilodger' timestamp='1360792782' post='2163684']

Check your town-clothes.

#17 Hexalot

Hexalot

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

[quote name='this a pointed' timestamp='1360695122' post='2162947']
Yey! more cashshop items :(

You have no idea how a cash shop is ideally [i]supposed[/i] to work in a MMO, do you ?

Anything that creates new revenue streams for the creaters [i]without affecting the balance of the game [/i]is desirable.

So until we see things like Ascended gear in the Gem shop... stop complaining and say thank god that at least one MMO is doing it the right way.

#18 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Slightly off, but:

[quote name='Hexalot' timestamp='1360853427' post='2163974']

Ascended gear in the cash shop in itself wouldn't be a problem. Ascended that is better than the ascended gear you can get in the game though ...

#19 XgreatArtist