Today I'd like to showcase something that I stumbled upon today. Sarys posted a new musical piece over at Reddit recently and it's quite good! It really does speak to all of those Guild Wars fans that dream of Cantha...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F82933620&show_artwork=true"></iframe>

Comments

#1 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Wow. Just wow. That's really beautiful and pretty much nails the "Cantha"/epic feeling. Would be nice if whenever Cantha would happen (yeah, I know it's not very likely for the near future due to cultural issues) this song would be somehow added too. Although I'm more excited about Elona and possible new continents :B Anyhow back on topic, awesome piece *claps with respect*.

#2 borovnica

borovnica

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I was pleasently surprised at how good it sounds... It really gives the Cantha vibes :) Good job indeed

But alas, my heart belongs to Tyria and Elona. Thou I would like to see Jade sea and Echovald forest in GW2 :D

#3 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sigh... I dream of Cantha everyday.

nostalgia/10

• 2099 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

That songs remind me of the first of the original Guild Wars 1 so much. The thrist of adventure and new undiscovered places and many more emotions yet to be discovered but thank you posting that.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FBuxs6oxZ4[/media]

#5 Grey

Grey

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

That's so nice!
One day we shall walk the shores of Cantha again :P

#6 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Very nice it reminds me of old stuff done by Kitaro "Silk Road" (which is great) !

Very talented person created this no doubt about it !

#7 Literaltruth

Literaltruth

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

[quote name='Baktwerel' timestamp='1363191408' post='2178689']

What "cultural issues" would stop them putting Cantha into the game?

Personally I'm hoping that Cantha is one of the first Expansions - I imagine that it's changed hugely since GW1 from the little snippets of lore they've peppered about the the game...and I can't wait to find out what it looks like these days.

#8 Perm Shadow Form

Perm Shadow Form

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Cantha should have been the first continent in GW2...

#9 Culture Shock

Culture Shock

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

[quote name='Perm Shadow Form' timestamp='1363219775' post='2178942']
Cantha should have been the first continent in GW2...

Ha, you would say that being a lover of the assassin.. lol.  I had a few guildies that didn't like getting turned around so much while traveling through Cantha.  However GW2 just won't be Guild Wars without ALL of it's lands and territories, and that means Cantha MUST BE explored once again.  But this time please make it better for navigation!

As for Elona, I remember hearing Dunkoro speak of his son getting lost in the Arid Sea, and me going there to find the secret passage from Tyria right into the back yard of Elona.  To be honest there are too many connections between Tyria, Elona, And Cantha to just allow one of them to disappear completely.  The Order Of Whispers first had it's base in Elona, and The Canthan ferryman took us all to our Guild Halls for the first time right off the shores of Lions Arch.

Colin and Ree must get together on this and make our dreams come true!

#10 Magi

Magi

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

[quote name='Literaltruth' timestamp='1363219111' post='2178936']
What "cultural issues" would stop them putting Cantha into the game?

iirc, the Asian playerbase takes offense to all of the Asian cultures being amalgamated into the Canthan culture. The Great Collapse in Divinity's Reach was actually supposed to be a Canthan quarter, but they demolished it because of the backlash. I honestly don't know that much about the reasoning behind it, but I hardly see people complaining that the current Tyria is one big caucasian lump, nor that Elona was one big African lump. I guess that when your publisher is NC$oft, you have to make some sacrifices.

#11 Exc3ssive

Exc3ssive

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm sorry. My brother is cutting his nails behind me right now and can't feel the music :/

#12 Reginald Lethalin

Reginald Lethalin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

i guess they won't have a choice, at some point they will be nailed to the wall if the don't add Cantha...

I also want some more music from these guys, also Asia but more battlelike)

#13 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

[quote name='Literaltruth' timestamp='1363219111' post='2178936']
What "cultural issues" would stop them putting Cantha into the game?

You haven't heard about it yet, huh?

TLTR: Most Asian countries don't want Anet to mix their cultures and present it as Canthan stuff, so while it's not 100% sure Cantha won't happen, Cantha surely won't be around in GW2 for a while...

#14 tr1age

tr1age

• Community Contributors

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I hate to be THAT guy... but turn the song to 40 seconds. Play listen for a little.

Then hit play here:

Non the less, good job :) We all draw our inspiration from many places.

#15 Sarys

Sarys

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hey,
I'm just founding this topic. I'm so glad you like my music. Thanks everyone :)

[quote name='tr1age' timestamp='1363362660' post='2179647']

Then hit play here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9AN04imFDK8[/media]

Non the less, good job :) We all draw our inspiration from many places.

In fact, the theme of my track is not inspired by Braveheart (wich is the same motiv), but by the begining of the main theme from GW : Faction.

Hit play here :

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17ZUalbY9s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17ZUalbY9s[/url]

The thing is... It's a fantrack, so a highly-inspired-music-with-my-personnal-touch.

Take care,