Along with new information regarding the upcoming Dragon Bash festival, it looks like we have new gem store items to report on, as well!
  • Fuzzy Bear Hat (200 Posted Image)
  • Fuzzy Panda Hat (200 Posted Image)
  • Fuzzy Quaggan Hat (200 Posted Image)
  • Fuzzy Quaggan Hat with Bow (200 Posted Image)

Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image

Promoted from New Gem Store Items

Comments

#1 Katsumi Kei

Katsumi Kei

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Waw, so cool...

#2 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

$2.50 per hat...  much more reasonable than $7.50 for one weapon skin.

#3 NuclearDonut

NuclearDonut

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

I would totally buy myself a panda hat IF I COULD WEAR IT IN COMBAT.

/frustration

#4 Tenicord

Tenicord

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, hats should be able to be worn in combat... i understand not wearing the rest of your gear, but helms should be allowed.

#5 dayuman

dayuman

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

OH MY GAWD : o
Its ultra and super and delicious cool. I want to be so hipsa in this game. <3
Can you add iPhone Weapon skin? :D

#6 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

MUST HAVE PANDA HAT!!! NGGGH!!!

• 2097 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

[quote name='Tenicord' timestamp='1370382179' post='2209223']
[/quote]We should demand that :P or tell them that we want this in our game. :)

#8 Baldur The Bold

Baldur The Bold

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Please please please less cutesy stuff and something more masculine and maybe darker? There is nothing even remotely like that at all in the game from the TP!

#9 Arshay Duskbrow

Arshay Duskbrow

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yay, more town clothes that are useless when you are actually out PLAYING THE GAME.

[quote name='Azure Skye' timestamp='1370383420' post='2209227']
We should demand that :P or tell them that we want this in our game. :)

I and others did tell them that during the beta, over and over and over. To this day, I have never heard a single developer explanation as to why town clothes are the way they are.

#10 xarallei

xarallei

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

More town clothes? Come on man....

I like the hats, but I don't buy town clothes generally because I don't stand around town. I run around the world, so I need items I can wear in combat.

[quote name='Arshay Duskbrow' timestamp='1370388233' post='2209243']

Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever. They would make much more money if they made town clothes/costumes wearable in combat. I just don't get it at all.

#11 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

maybe not town clothes but why the hell are the festive hats not wearable in combat?  I have YET to use my witch hat from halloween.

#12 Desild

Desild

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

How cool is it that we get to be able to purchase these fine examples of hatting craftsmanship. Surely the highlight of this entire chapter of the Living Story. Only thing that can top it off will be the swimwear.

I am so going to use the fantastic rewards I received from finishing the Secrets of Southsun living story to fund all my Panda Hat needs.

The whole 26 silver I got... Which translates to 8 Gems. Yay?

#13 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

[quote name='xarallei' timestamp='1370388838' post='2209244']

Why let players get by with one set of armor when you can try to force them to own two.

#14 Just Horus

Just Horus

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

[quote name='Tenicord' timestamp='1370382179' post='2209223']

Why not the rest of the town clothing? It's not like they are any less realistic than the scraps of fabric females wear in this game.

I would gladly get more town clothes if they were integral to a significant part of the game. As they are, they are essentially an article of clothing you can only wear in a tiny part of the game world. Ugh. What a waste of good skins.

#15 Whiteone

Whiteone

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

I kinda hoped they'd also add the swimsuit this female tourist with the panda hat on Southsun is wearing.

Without gender restriction though so I can wear it on my male charr.

What is wrong with me? T_T

• 2097 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

[quote name='Whiteone' timestamp='1370393655' post='2209269']

Without gender restriction though so I can wear it on my male charr.

What is wrong with me? T_T
[/quote] This one ? Are you on the wrong side of the internet? Lol

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/hWTQfTd.jpg[/img]

Dont forget Lady Kasmeer's swimsuit also.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XjPe0Cr.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

#17 dannywolt

dannywolt

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

[quote name='Arshay Duskbrow' timestamp='1370388233' post='2209243']

They actually did explain their reasoning back during beta: they wanted armor design to provide a hint to a character's profession.

I would like to see in-combat costumes allowed for PvE providing they are kept out of PvP and WvW.

#18 Arshay Duskbrow

Arshay Duskbrow

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

[quote name='dannywolt' timestamp='1370394840' post='2209278']

As you yourself point out, that only applies to PvP. That explains nothing about why it isn't available in PvE.

• 2097 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

[quote name='Arshay Duskbrow' timestamp='1370395158' post='2209280']
[/quote]Have people suggested it in their suggestions sub-forum? I don't know if that might help or not.

#20 dannywolt

dannywolt

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

[quote name='Arshay Duskbrow' timestamp='1370395158' post='2209280']

No, the developer response wasn't in the context of PvP but rather game-wide. Which I personally disagree with, but A-Net seems to be sticking to that idea.

[quote name='Azure Skye' timestamp='1370395291' post='2209282']

It has been suggested many times. I don't think A-Net has responded to it since beta.